Aft Adult Pools?

MissKIA

Are the Aft pools actually officially Adult Only? I have seen this mentioned many times on here but I've never noticed any signs or anything. Is this something official or is it just something people on here think? Maybe it's only on certain ships?

What ship? Aft pools on the spirit class ships are the serenity deck areas so they are definitely adult only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess I was more thinking about Conquest and Dream class ships.

Yeah I guess I was more thinking about Conquest and Dream class ships.

I have heard that on Dream Class ships the aft pool is open to all guests. On Conquest Class ships the aft pool is adults only based on my experience on the Glory.

I have heard that on Dream Class ships the aft pool is open to all guests. On Conquest Class ships the aft pool is adults only based on my experience on the Glory.

This has been our experience as well. Magic/Conquest

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Was on the Conquest in December and the Aft Pool and hot tubs are Adult Only. There are signs posted on the hot tubs and on the statue by the pool. Children are allowed in the area but they are not allowed in the pool or hot tubs and Yes it was enforced.

Last time I was on the Liberty it was the same. Signs posted on the hot tubs and by the pool.

Just off Dream today. Aft pool was open to everyone, and there were always children in the hot tubs.

Tell me it isn't so; my PVP assured me the Aft pool on the Dream was adults only. We are pretty low maintenance when cruising and enjoy all ships, but that is our only criteria when choosing a ship that is a dealmaker/breaker.

We were on the Dream the week before Easter and there were so many kids in the aft pool and hot tubs we weren't able to use them. One day I counted 25 kids in the pool and most of them were eating ice cream cones. The hot tubs always had about a dozen kids in them. I wish Carnival would change the serenity area to the aft on all the ships so adults could have a pool.

Tell me it isn't so; my PVP assured me the Aft pool on the Dream was adults only. We are pretty low maintenance when cruising and enjoy all ships, but that is our only criteria when choosing a ship that is a dealmaker/breaker.

Hate to break it, but yup, Aft pool is open to everyone. If you're looking just for lounge chairs/hot tubs, there are plenty of areas on the Dream to find those. The Lanai was hardly used when we were on board.

Spa has t-pool..Adults only.

• 4 weeks later...

just off Victory a couple weeks ago. AFt pools and hot tubs.. filled with kids.. Kids in the pool even had swim rings... not arm rings.. those like inner tubes with parents pulling them around. Main pool area and hottubs... filled with kids. Frustrating to me because it was my first solo cruise. I enjoy time at the pool and mornings in the hots... but.... not on this cruise.

they need to make all aft pools and hot tubs adults only. We like to use the area too. Kids don't need to be using hot tubs for pools.

My family, with kids, sailed on the Victory during spring break and appreciated being able to use the generally quieter and less crazy aft pool area. Unfortunately, it's impossible for Carnival to please every cruiser on every ship. Some ships (Splendor, Conquest) have adult only aft pools, which is actually a deal breaker to us. It is possible to choose those cruises, or cruise on a less child-friendly cruise line, if that's very important to you. I do think that you have to expect kids on Carnival and lots of kids when school is out. Most ships also have the Serenity adult-only areas with hot tubs, which those of us who cruise with young children visit for about an hour a day, if we're lucky. :) The lanai hot tubs on the Dream class ships, while being open to all, are also frequently empty or close to empty.

My daughters, including the five-year-old, enjoy soaking in the warm bathtub temp hot tubs. I do not let them splash and we avoid hot tubs where just adults are relaxing. On the other hand, I did see obnoxious behavior from kids in the hot tubs and pools, and I was thisclose to intervening twice when a large group of kids were splashing and dunking people, but others beat me to it. If only parents would make their kids behave decently, adults wouldn't feel like kids had taken over.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

Booked on the Dream, now I'm disappointed. We've always spent time at the aft pool and hot tubs. Met a lot of people there. Great conversations. I like kids but when they outnumber us in the pools and hot tub it isn't much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My family, with kids, sailed on the Victory during spring break and appreciated being able to use the generally quieter and less crazy aft pool area. Unfortunately, it's impossible for Carnival to please every cruiser on every ship. Some ships (Splendor, Conquest) have adult only aft pools, which is actually a deal breaker to us. It is possible to choose those cruises, or cruise on a less child-friendly cruise line, if that's very important to you. I do think that you have to expect kids on Carnival and lots of kids when school is out. Most ships also have the Serenity adult-only areas with hot tubs, which those of us who cruise with young children visit for about an hour a day, if we're lucky. :) The lanai hot tubs on the Dream class ships, while being open to all, are also frequently empty or close to empty.

My daughters, including the five-year-old, enjoy soaking in the warm bathtub temp hot tubs. I do not let them splash and we avoid hot tubs where just adults are relaxing. On the other hand, I did see obnoxious behavior from kids in the hot tubs and pools, and I was thisclose to intervening twice when a large group of kids were splashing and dunking people, but others beat me to it. If only parents would make their kids behave decently, adults wouldn't feel like kids had taken over.

Actually, there can be a serious consequences for a small child in a hot tub. Overheating, heart stoppages, etc. have been known to happen when a child remains in a hot tub too long. That's why manufacturers and operators have child warnings against letting small kids get into them. I realize CCL's hot tubs aren't really that hot, but then, most kids stay way longer than 10 mins. And we're only talking about the aft pool/tub area. A parent can always plop the kid in the mid ship hot tubs.

Edited by evandbob

I COULDNT AGREE MORE . With 2 pools on a ship one should be adults only .Im booked on Magic which both pools are open to everyone not lookin forward to sharing hot tub with kids.Dont get me wrong I love kids and its a great family vacation but for myself im tryin to escape kids an adults only pool would be preferred ..maybe someone shoulld suggest this to John Heald :)