Fort Lauderdale Room for 5 or 6

irishgal432

Embassy Suites, if some do not mind a sleeper sofa -- near port, shopping, dining and airport, plus a free happy hour! :D

There are some other Suite style hotels and extended stay hotels near FLL that can fit your crowd.

When do you need the room? Personally I think 5 or 6 in the room is a lot. I would look at hotwire.com or lastminutetravel.com for good pricing and get two rooms. Then call the hotel and see if they can give you the rooms nearby each other or connecting.

But...if you are set on one room, and want to be closer to the port than the airport, look at Embassy suites or maybe Double Tree Gallery One which is more condo type, and might have an arrangement for you.

Embassy Suites, if some do not mind a sleeper sofa -- near port, shopping, dining and airport, plus a free happy hour! :D

There are some other Suite style hotels and extended stay hotels near FLL that can fit your crowd.

Do you know if they have free airport shuttle?

You might also look at Hyatt House. They have two bedroom suites. One bedroom has a king bed and the other two queens. There is also a sofa bed in the living room. They are about 6 miles from the port.

There is a shopping plaza across the road, a short walk away with a KMart, restaurants and many other stores. Google Oakwood Plaza to see all. The Hyatt House has a free airport shuttle and the shuttle to the port is $8 pp. They have a free hot breakfast and free WiFi.

Last weekend I was lucky enough to get the Hyatt House for only $78 for next February on Priceline's Express Deals. Normally their rate is $260.00 for that time of year.

You might also look at Hyatt House. They have two bedroom suites. One bedroom has a king bed and the other two queens. There is also a sofa bed in the living room. They are about 6 miles from the port.

There is a shopping plaza across the road, a short walk away with a KMart, restaurants and many other stores. Google Oakwood Plaza to see all. The Hyatt House has a free airport shuttle and the shuttle to the port is $8 pp. They have a free hot breakfast and free WiFi.

Last weekend I was lucky enough to get the Hyatt House for only $78 for next February on Priceline's Express Deals. Normally their rate is $260.00 for that time of year.

Wow, what a great deal! I just put in my reservation for a trio suite there next year, high season during spring break, $350 for three beds. Not great but not horrible.

Edited by twindaddy

Wow, what a great deal! I just put in my reservation for a trio suite there next year, high season during spring break, $350 for three beds. Not great but not horrible.

Keep watching their site, b/c I booked a trio suite for my upcoming May cruise and when I booked it was 300+ NOW, it's 223.00. So, keep an eye out, I think the price will change.

Hello,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel room for 5 or 6 people near the Port and Airport?

Thanks,

Mari

Just so you know the ariport is only about 15 min. from the port. If you stay nearer the beach/downton area you are half that to the port. Hotels near the airport will pick you up at the airport. Some offer a paid shuttle to the port. If you stay closer to the port there a only a couple that will pick you up...Hyatt Place north is one.

Some downtown/port hotels offer shuttle service to the port for a per person fee. Cheaper to use a suv cab for $15.

Just so you know the ariport is only about 15 min. from the port. If you stay nearer the beach/downton area you are half that to the port. Hotels near the airport will pick you up at the airport. Some offer a paid shuttle to the port. If you stay closer to the port there a only a couple that will pick you up...Hyatt Place north is one.

Some downtown/port hotels offer shuttle service to the port for a per person fee. Cheaper to use a suv cab for $15.

Does the hotel call a suv cab for you? Or is there a contact number? The suv cab for 15 is the best deal I have seen so far...:o

Sorry for the stupid questions, we usually drive and I am flying down this time with my 4 sisters and 5 daughters/nieces.

Edited by irishgal432

Keep watching their site, b/c I booked a trio suite for my upcoming May cruise and when I booked it was 300+ NOW, it's 223.00. So, keep an eye out, I think the price will change.

Thanks! I check every few days. I just wanted to get the ressie in, I can always cancel and rebook.

Does the hotel call a suv cab for you? Or is there a contact number? The suv cab for 15 is the best deal I have seen so far...:o

Sorry for the stupid questions, we usually drive and I am flying down this time with my 4 sisters and 5 daughters/nieces.

Not a stupid question! This will be my first cruise I fly in for, I usually just drive to the port of LA.

If you dont mind, please post a review here or somewhere when you get back. How the shuttle was, how you got to the port. I am thinking of just taking two cabs for our five...too many shuttle horror stories.

We did the Hyatt Place (1851 SE 10th Avenue) for post pre and post cruise.

They have rooms that have to beds and a pull out sofa. But the sofa is more of a sectional, so we didn't even open it up.

We had 5 women in the room. Was plenty of room for one night. Had to pay regular room rate for the pre cruise night. ($250), but for post cruise we were able to use Value Trips, and got the same room for $99. What a great deal if you can get it (they have black out dates)

Hyatt Place is within walking distance to the Harbor Shops plaza, several places to eat, a Publix for last minute items and a nice liqour store.

They have a free airport shuttle. They also have a port shuttle for $8 per person. We were going to do a taxi, but the shuttle driver made us a deal for just $5 per person and he was leaving right away.

Post cruise we did a taxi and I can't remember exact cost. I do remember the taxi driver being upset that he had to take us such a short distance. I guess they like the longer, more expensive fares.

Hotel was very nice.

If you dont mind, please post a review here or somewhere when you get back. How the shuttle was, how you got to the port. I am thinking of just taking two cabs for our five...too many shuttle horror stories.

I sure will. I leave May 24th. I also heard the shuttle took so long or you had to get on a waiting list at the hotel to take you to the pier, I'll let you know. I have stayed in the hyatt place, right besides the hyatt house and I thought the hyatt house looked really nice. I also heard taking a cab from the airport is easier than waiting on the hotel shuttle to pick you up, the hotel is only five mins. away I believe.