Drink Package-how did you like it?

This has probably been answered, but if I have OBC, should I wait until I get onboard to buy a drink package (or anything else, for that matter) if I want to put the OBC towards it?

Yes, you can use OBC to purchase a drink package once you are onboard.

Too confusing. I just wanted the coke package. But they gave me the royal refresher instead. I had no ideas what I could order or not. Didn't want to take the time to ask the bartender.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You got exactly what you asked for - Royal Refreshment is the actual name of the soda package. You can order any fountain soda or use the freestyle machines on ships that have them.

You got exactly what you asked for - Royal Refreshment is the actual name of the soda package. You can order any fountain soda or use the freestyle machines on ships that have them.

You used to be able to order a package that was *just* soda--I think that was the first drink package they ever offered? As a diet coke drinker, I have gotten the "soda" package that was just soda every cruise (my last cruise was May, 2013), so I appreciate knowing that the package has technically changed since coffee, tea and juice have been added.

You used to be able to order a package that was *just* soda--I think that was the first drink package they ever offered? As a diet coke drinker, I have gotten the "soda" package that was just soda every cruise (my last cruise was May, 2013), so I appreciate knowing that the package has technically changed since coffee, tea and juice have been added.

You are confusing packages.

The Royal Refreshment package is soda only, just like it was on your last cruise, for $6.50 per day.

The Royal Replenish package is $19 per day and is soda, bottled still and sparkling water, fresh squeezed OJ, specialty coffee/tea, and non-alcoholic cocktails.

You are confusing packages.

The Royal Refreshment package is soda only, just like it was on your last cruise, for $6.50 per day.

The Royal Replenish package is $19 per day and is soda, bottled still and sparkling water, fresh squeezed OJ, specialty coffee/tea, and non-alcoholic cocktails.

This is what I get for trying to stay up until midnight!! :o Thanks for the clarification. You are always very helpful--I really appreciate it.

Wondering if I can get a refund on the drink package before I get on board and have them credit my card back. I had forgotten that I have $300.00 OBC when I purchased the package online a few days ago. I would have been much better waiting and purchasing once on board, or possibly not getting one at all, with the $300 and my Diasmond drinks I most likely am already set.

I tried calling today but all closed up.

Wondering if I can get a refund on the drink package before I get on board and have them credit my card back. I had forgotten that I have $300.00 OBC when I purchased the package online a few days ago. I would have been much better waiting and purchasing once on board, or possibly not getting one at all, with the $300 and my Diasmond drinks I most likely am already set.

I tried calling today but all closed up.

Yes, you can get a refund, but you have to cancel a certain number of days in advance, I believe 3 or more days.

Edited by clarea

Yes, you can get a refund, but you have to cancel a certain number of days in advance, I believe 3 or more days.

Well we leave Sunday so looks like I am stuck unless they give me a grace day due to today's closing. Wishful thinking.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well we leave Sunday so looks like I am stuck unless they give me a grace day due to today's closing. Wishful thinking.

You should be able to cancel it online, but I think the cancellation is 5 or 6 days. Just go online under the cruise planner portion and then click on order history up on the top. You will then see everything that is ordered and you click cancel.

Edited by readytolose

oh, it didn't come up like that. ill check it out again.

'nother question. we don't like screwdrivers, mimosas, or bloody marys. any suggestions for morning beverages? I like to start my day right

Bud, breakfast of champions

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You can cancel either on line or by phone up to 4 days in advance.

Once on board you can cancel in person and you would only be charged for any beverages that you consumed, so if you cancel right away you would not be charged. This amount would be put back on your seapass as refundable OBC. You could then repurchase the package wich would then use up any non refundable OBC as the non refundable OBC is used up first. At the end of he cruise any leftover refundable OBC will be credited back to your credit card.

A roundabout way of doing it but it can be done.

You can cancel either on line or by phone up to 4 days in advance.

Once on board you can cancel in person and you would only be charged for any beverages that you consumed, so if you cancel right away you would not be charged. This amount would be put back on your seapass as refundable OBC. You could then repurchase the package wich would then use up any non refundable OBC as the non refundable OBC is used up first. At the end of he cruise any leftover refundable OBC will be credited back to your credit card.

A roundabout way of doing it but it can be done.

This may be an option.

Just hope when I re-purchase they take it out of the non-refundable portion my OBC.

This may be an option.

Just hope when I re-purchase they take it out of the non-refundable portion my OBC.

Had a situation last week where I needed to make sure that things were charged to non refundable OBC first and was told that they always are. Still worth double checking with guest services that it was indeed applied properly part way through cruise.

In may case it was. Even though my refundable OBC was posted to my account on day 1 and on days 2 and 5 I had non refundable OBC posted to my account all charges were taken out of the non refundable OBC first.

I have read on numerous forums that people with the drink package sometimes get bottles of beer or water to take back to their room. Will the bartenders give you unopened bottles to bring back to the cabin?

I got unopened Corona on the Legend with my D+ happy hour vouchers

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Had a situation last week where I needed to make sure that things were charged to non refundable OBC first and was told that they always are. Still worth double checking with guest services that it was indeed applied properly part way through cruise.

In may case it was. Even though my refundable OBC was posted to my account on day 1 and on days 2 and 5 I had non refundable OBC posted to my account all charges were taken out of the non refundable OBC first.

Good to know..thanks

This has probably been answered, but if I have OBC, should I wait until I get onboard to buy a drink package (or anything else, for that matter) if I want to put the OBC towards it?

If you know that you have OBC coming I would wait till you get on the ship. That is what I did on Indy last December. I went with the Beer and Wine package. I do not think I came close to breaking even but I did like not having to worry about a drinking budget. If I wanted a drink I could get one.

Does the bar charge for gratuity?

Can I get more than 1 bottles say 2 or 3?

Does the cruise charge for the last day as we arrive at 6:30am.

There are no additional gratuity charges for any beverage you get that is covered by the beverage packages. You pay all gratuties for the packages when you first purchase the package.

Does the bar charge for gratuity?

Can I get more than 1 bottles say 2 or 3?

Does the cruise charge for the last day as we arrive at 6:30am.

In theory you can only get one drink at a time. Some people have reported being able to order an alcoholic drink and a bottle of water at the same time with no problems. You can always stop at multiple bars if you want to get some extra bottles of water for your room.

The package is based on the number of nights. So if you have a 7 night cruise you are paying for 7 days. The day you get on the ship counts. The day you get off the ship doesn't. So get onboard early and start enjoying your drink package!

So checked with friend she said it was tax that brought it to that price did anyone else have to pay a tax on it was going to get it for my husband but don't know .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I just bought my ultimate package for my cruise in February on the Serenade & was charged a "service charge" $57.75. Which = 15% of the package total $385.

Same thing with my DH replenish package. I'm calling RCL this week to check on it. Will report back on here after I talk to them.

I just bought my ultimate package for my cruise in February on the Serenade & was charged a "service charge" $57.75. Which = 15% of the package total $385.

Same thing with my DH replenish package. I'm calling RCL this week to check on it. Will report back on here after I talk to them.

That's the 15% gratutity. Royal changed the terms a few months ago and lowered the base prices a bit, but then added 15%. All the prices went up, except for the Ultimate package which went down.