Drink Package-how did you like it?

This thread is very helpful, so thank you to everyone for the information! Can anyone please tell me if the Royal Replenish includes bottled "still" water (good old regular spring water) and not just sparkling? We have 2 minors with us and want to be able to get regular bottled water for them but the current flyer states sparkling. DH and I will be purchasing Ultimate packages for ourselves.;) Thanks!

Yes it does.

I just went to book the premium package, it is up to $809.48 for 2 instead of $788.90. Looks like they increased the gratuity from 15% to 18%. This is the second increase in the past few months. Now I am really wondering if it is worth it. From what I have been reading the service has decreased also....UGHHHH:mad:

I just went to book the premium package, it is up to $809.48 for 2 instead of $788.90. Looks like they increased the gratuity from 15% to 18%. This is the second increase in the past few months. Now I am really wondering if it is worth it. From what I have been reading the service has decreased also....UGHHHH:mad:

:eek: How long are you on for

This increase might be a deal-breaker for us too. Enough is enough....Our group of five had planned on purchasing the ultimate package @ $55 x 15%=$63.25 or 7 nights @ $442.75 pp, couple rate @ $885.50. It's expensive but we were splurging. Blah bah...vacation...blah.

NOW with the NEW 18% rate, it's $64.90 pp, weekly @ $454.30 or per couple @ $908.60 (Yes, the difference is $23.10 (couple rate).

Well here's a thought, if this INCREASE is suppose to be no big deal for us paying passengers--Royal should use some of their tax free/high profits to compensate their staff instead of pushing the salary increase onto the passengers.

Exactly why I think we decided not to get it. We never have a bar tab that high for the 2 of us.

Buy the drink packages for the three and four day sailings but don't think I could get my moneys worth on a seven day sailing especially with 3-4 port days. I might consider it if there was a private island stop where the drinks are included in the package on the island.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Buy the drink packages for the three and four day sailings but don't think I could get my moneys worth on a seven day sailing especially with 3-4 port days. I might consider it if there was a private island stop where the drinks are included in the package on the island.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am thinking about buying it for one of us and then we can get bottled water for port days. I like the idea of not having to worry how much we spend, but $800 for the 2 of us is a lot!

We wanted to splurge this one cruise and see how it went. I wanted to be able to try a bunch of different drinks and not worry about the cost. I don't think I can drink that many drinks a day EVERY DAY to make it worth. Too bad they won't let you pick which days you want the package and which days you don't and charge just for those days.

We wanted to splurge this one cruise and see how it went. I wanted to be able to try a bunch of different drinks and not worry about the cost. I don't think I can drink that many drinks a day EVERY DAY to make it worth. Too bad they won't let you pick which days you want the package and which days you don't and charge just for those days.

Exactly and I know it includes soda, but we are not soda drinkers. SO the free ice tea, lemonade and water and my sacred free coffee, is what we usually drink on a cruise, with a couple of drinks each a day. Plus a bottle or 2 to take into port.

How much is an average drink? I like either wine or the fruity drink of the day and DH like a rum and coke or a LI Ice Tea....

This increase might be a deal-breaker for us too. Enough is enough....Our group of five had planned on purchasing the ultimate package @ $55 x 15%=$63.25 or 7 nights @ $442.75 pp, couple rate @ $885.50. It's expensive but we were splurging. Blah bah...vacation...blah.

NOW with the NEW 18% rate, it's $64.90 pp, weekly @ $454.30 or per couple @ $908.60 (Yes, the difference is $23.10 (couple rate).

Well here's a thought, if this INCREASE is suppose to be no big deal for us paying passengers--Royal should use some of their tax free/high profits to compensate their staff instead of pushing the salary increase onto the passengers.

I just told our friends about new rate of 18% and she tried to book online and sure enough it was. She then called RCCL and they gave her the rate of 15%.

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone share current bar prices (roughly)? We are sailing on Allure in April and I'm currently doing cruise math to determine whether or not to get the beverage package. Frozen pool drinks, beer and bourbon will be consumed most frequently. Thanks to all.

Could someone share current bar prices (roughly)? We are sailing on Allure in April and I'm currently doing cruise math to determine whether or not to get the beverage package. Frozen pool drinks, beer and bourbon will be consumed most frequently. Thanks to all.

This is a decent list of drink prices. Figure the prices have gone up a bit:

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/