Getaway fireworks show

tarps14

We will be on the Getaway in less than two weeks (!!) and are trying to decide on our dinner reservations for the night of the fireworks. My understanding is it is the night of the St Maarten port day. Can anybody tell me about what time they start? Want to be sure not to miss it. TIA!

According to the last Dalllie I saw posted, which was February. The " AWSOME 80s party" starts at 10:30 PM and the Firewrks display says "Approximately 10:45" I wouldn't bet the bank on that because sometimes things change. Maybe some people who have more recently been on Getaway can comment on the timing. Have a great cruise. We go next Saturday!!

According to the last Dalllie I saw posted, which was February. The " AWSOME 80s party" starts at 10:30 PM and the Firewrks display says "Approximately 10:45" I wouldn't bet the bank on that because sometimes things change. Maybe some people who have more recently been on Getaway can comment on the timing. Have a great cruise. We go next Saturday!!

That's exactly how it was on the Breakaway in September.

WHAT?!? They have the 80's party basically at the same time the fireworks show is??? UGH! We really want to go to the 80's party but definitely don't want to miss the fireworks show. :(

They should be very similar to the Breakaway's firework show, that lasted about 5 minutes - best viewed on starboard side, we're up on Deck 16 AFT - it's not your Macy's or 4th of July Firework, weather permitting and safety conditions deemed met. A small crowd gathered ...

IMG20140327_2112.jpg

IMG20140327_2114.jpg

IMG20140327_2115.jpg

IMG20140327_2116.jpg

IMG20140327_2117.jpg

IMG20140327_2118.jpg

WHAT?!? They have the 80's party basically at the same time the fireworks show is??? UGH! We really want to go to the 80's party but definitely don't want to miss the fireworks show. :(

You're confused. The 80's Party is the setting for the fireworks. They play an 80's medley that is coordinated with the fireworks at Spice H2O. It's a way to draw people to the 80's Party. You don't have to miss either.

By the way. A lot of people ask what side the fireworks are launched on. They launch the fireworks off the port side. Best place to watch the fireworks at Spice is to stand towards the video screen. People at the front of Spice (bar side) can hardly see any of the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They should be very similar to the Breakaway's firework show, that lasted about 5 minutes - best viewed on starboard side, we're up on Deck 16 AFT - it's not your Macy's or 4th of July Firework, weather permitting and safety conditions deemed met. A small crowd gathered ...

Breakaway's fireworks are set off from the port side. Yours is the only report I have ever seen saying the starboard side. Are you confused? Both times I was on the Breakaway the port side was the side to be on for the fireworks.

Everyone has reported that the fireworks is let off from the port side. You have been the only one that reports it on the starboard side. :confused:

I didn't expect it to be any 4th of July firework show, but it is something I don't want to miss since how often do you get to see fireworks from your ship on a cruise and the kids will love it. I can't imagine a "small crowd gathered" since everyone always talks about where is the best seat to get prior to the show and how early to get there so that you have a seat. It has always sounded like a big event with plenty of people. I'm confused. :confused:

You're confused. The 80's Party is the setting for the fireworks. They play an 80's medley that is coordinated with the fireworks at Spice H2O. It's a way to draw people to the 80's Party. You don't have to miss either.

Maybe I am confused then. I thought the 80's party was just that...where you dress up like the 80's and they play 80's music and they have similar party's during the week like the neon party, 70's party and Latino party.

Does the 80's party start and then they do the fireworks during that and then the party continues?

I'm kinda bummed then if this is the way it happens. Our group of girls have been working on getting our outfits for the 80's party and we had no intention of bringing the kids, but if they are going to have the fireworks during that, then we'll have to have the kids with us. :confused: :(

During my cruise Spice H2O was packed with people. I too find it hard to believe only a few showed up. Maybe, since it was the Breakaway it may have been cold outside. That may reduce the attendance. I have a video I shot of the fireworks show I will post once I settle back in from vacation. I also noticed the Disney ship that was in St Maarten (you can see her from the top deck) with us was several miles behind us had their fireworks about 15 minutes before ours.

During my cruise Spice H2O was packed with people. I too find it hard to believe only a few showed up. Maybe, since it was the Breakaway it may have been cold outside. That may reduce the attendance. I have a video I shot of the fireworks show I will post once I settle back in from vacation. I also noticed the Disney ship that was in St Maarten (you can see her from the top deck) with us was several miles behind us had their fireworks about 15 minutes before ours.

Awesome. I can't wait to see the video. :)

On the Breakaway, the 80's party was first and then the fireworks were immediately after it. So if you wanted to see the fireworks from a seat, you needed to be there way before the 80's party started. Just us "girls" went to the 80's party and then the "guys" joined us before it was time for the fireworks. So you can have the kids delivered near the end of the party, Kim.

On the Breakaway, the 80's party was first and then the fireworks were immediately after it. So if you wanted to see the fireworks from a seat, you needed to be there way before the 80's party started. Just us "girls" went to the 80's party and then the "guys" joined us before it was time for the fireworks. So you can have the kids delivered near the end of the party, Kim.

So did you find that the 80's party was only 15 minutes into the party before they started letting off the fireworks? Did the 80's party continue after the fireworks? :confused:

Our guys are going to the party with us (just us girls dressing up), so they won't be able to deliver the kids, we'll have to have them with us if that's the case. :(

I'm not sure how this is going to work out now. Sigh

So did you find that the 80's party was only 15 minutes into the party before they started letting off the fireworks? Did the 80's party continue after the fireworks? :confused:

Our guys are going to the party with us (just us girls dressing up), so they won't be able to deliver the kids, we'll have to have them with us if that's the case. :(

That's during the pay time at the kids club anyway, right? If I were in your situation, I just wouldn't even tell the kids about the fireworks.

That's during the pay time at the kids club anyway, right? If I were in your situation, I just wouldn't even tell the kids about the fireworks.

Yes, that's during the pay time at the kids club, which we were planning on doing.

Oh heavens no. I would never not want to take them to the fireworks. :eek: They are going to love this especially since it won't be anything they have ever seen on any other cruise. :cool:

I have read that the Disney ship shoots off fireworks right before the Getaway does, so be outside ready to see them earlier than the posted Getaway times. :)

Yes. I think Disney started around 10pm and it lasted about the same amount of time as Getaways. Really cool to see, although I don't think very many people noticed them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Party was scheduled for 8- 9:45 PM and fireworks Display was 8:45 on our 12 night cruise in Jan. Party was scheduled for 8:45-10:30PM with the fireworks at 9:15 for our 7 night Bahamas cruise in December. All info is from the Freestyle Daily for the day they were scheduled.

Hope this helps your planning a little. (It's going to rain all week starting tomorrow so I have been in the garden most of the day.)

Edited by peg013

Hope this helps your planning a little. (It's going to rain all week starting tomorrow so I have been in the garden most of the day.)

Thanks so much for the info.

I just uploaded my video of the fireworks show from the Getaway.

I hope you like it...

Well I have to say, that looks pretty awesome for it being a cruise ship and all. :D Loved how they made the fireworks go to the music...especially the purple rain. We're going to love this.

Just wondered, the place where you were standing at seemed to be blocked by something. I guess a better place to stand would be toward the middle of the crowd or over toward the stage/screen? I thought someone mentioned that you should be facing the screen?

Are they even going to allow kids in that area during this firework display? Or is it adults only and we should go on the pool deck or something then maybe head to the 80's party?

Are they even going to allow kids in that area during this firework display? Or is it adults only and we should go on the pool deck or something then maybe head to the 80's party?

My understanding is that the area is adult only during the day. In the evenings when they have themed events kids are welcome. I am sure someone will chime in if I am mistaken.

Rochelle

I was on the bar side next to the stairs but not against it. The best spot is close to the video screen. The structure you saw is the lighting/video booth and the round dome is the satellite dome. Kids are technically allowed into Spice after 6pm. Although I did see kids with there parents during the day.

I was on the bar side next to the stairs but not against it. The best spot is close to the video screen. The structure you saw is the lighting/video booth and the round dome is the satellite dome. Kids are technically allowed into Spice after 6pm. Although I did see kids with there parents during the day.

Awesome. Thanks so much. :)