Would I recommend Caribbean Princess? Absolutely! (With Pictures)

sky61

Guess I shouldn't go read the other thread!! Everyone's cruise experience is different though!! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Isn't that the truth! We all had a great time and would go back in a heartbeat.

Thank you so much for posting your review and pics. We've sailed with Princess many times, but never on Caribbean Princess. We're booked to sail on her in June. Can't wait!!! :D

Isn't it wonderful to have that to look forward to?! You will have a friendly professional crew and I believe that after the current cruise she is going to drydock for a few weeks so she should be sparkling just in time for your cruise!

For those of you doing the chairlift to the beach here's a photo I took from our balcony. You can see how close you are to the beach. One CC friend I talked to said it would have been faster to walk but he liked the view from the lift. He also sP1020574_zps367ab98c.jpgaid there were plenty of loungers at the beach.

This was our second time in Roatan (but we've also done two mainland trips to Honduras). The first time we went to a beach on the other side of the island and were frankly underwhelmed so this time I did some homework and took a recommendation from CC and book Little French Key http://www.littlefrenchkey.com/ for the three of us. DH and I did the snorkeling package which cost $98 but included lunch, two drinks and transportation from the ship. MIL opted out of snorkeling so hers was a few dollars less. P1020582_zpsf3808b52.jpg

Here's a view of the little lagoon. MIL, who is not a swimmer, appreciated the shallow depth. There are chairs all around the island and also kayaks you can just jump into and paddle around.P1020583_zps2fd3d66c.jpg

Kind of a goofy pic of me on one of the hammock chairs but I wanted to show you a bit more of the island. That is a tree house which was not open when we were there but it looked pretty cool. there were loads of full P1020602_zps561c6992.jpgsized hammocks, too!

The snorkeling was excellent. We went out on a little boat for about five minutes and had a guide to take us around the reef. He was a young guy who could dive about twenty feet which always is amazing. He spent about forty-five minutes swimming around with us and dove and pointed things out to us.

The owner of Little French Key is an animal lover and there is a small zoo made up mostly of rescue animals. This little kitty was part of a circus and now leads quite a comfy life here :oP1020585_zpsb6a9d75f.jpg

I'm really interested in the workings of the dock so having a Port side cabin was a lot of fun. Here they are just letting go of the last of the mooring lines.P1020616_zps52d8eee8.jpg

Edited by sky61

We tendered in Belize which really meant water taxis pulling alongside the ship. We booked the Princess excursion to see the Mayan ruins at Altuna Ha and the jungle cruise. My apologies to this nice gentleman for not getting a model release but I thought it was kind of a neat shot with the three ships behind us.P1020621_zps0cee21f4.jpg

We had a very nice guide for our hour and a half bus ride to the ruins but she was obviously new and kind of loud on the mike...yikes. Still, her cheerfulness and detailed info made it interesting. There was another guide (her mentor) who took over when we got to the ruins and I really liked her a lot...

The road, which is a major road in Belize, is in need of help as you can see. It kind of just "ran out" at one point. We could see many areas where infrastructure needs were high but never felt like we were in any sort of unsafe conditions.P1020623_zpsc912440d.jpg

Enjoying your review -- great photos!

Your food photos are making my tummy grumble!

Ha ha thanks! Today was rough. I woke up wondering where the guy was with the tray of croissants. Sigh. But it is always nice sleeping in my own bed and we had such a super vacation. Feeling very grateful for that.

I'll try to post more pics tomorrow. Got to get some sleep so I'm ready for work. Work hard = vacation. ;)

Ha ha thanks! Today was rough. I woke up wondering where the guy was with the tray of croissants. Sigh. But it is always nice sleeping in my own bed and we had such a super vacation. Feeling very grateful for that.

I'll try to post more pics tomorrow. Got to get some sleep so I'm ready for work. Work hard = vacation. ;)

You look sort of familiar....any chance you've ever been on the Windjammer Polynesia? :)

I am enjoying your review, and it's timing is perfect. We will be on Caribbean Princess in a few weeks. I can't wait!

Oh that's super! So excited for you. And I loved reading the reviews of people who went on the ship before me. It's so helpful...especially with it being a new port and all.

Nice review and great photos! You've got me interested in this itinerary. Thanks for sharing![/quote

It was really nice to have the two sea days after those three port days. I would do this itinerary again (would like to try the cave tubing and do more snorkeling) if the opportunity (guess I better start saving up!) presented itself again.

We are on the CB in June. You're review is making me wish the next 47 days (but who's counting) would pass that much quicker. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

The days will fly by. There was so much to like about this cruise...fun itinerary, crew that really knew what teamwork meant and wonderful food and things to keep us busy on board. I'll look forward to hearing about your trip.