Would I recommend Caribbean Princess? Absolutely! (With Pictures)

sky61

Am I right in assuming you wouldn't opt for the uncovered Dolphin deck balcony? We had it (unexpectedly! I booked it before I found out it was uncovered -- if I had known, I would never have been on the cruise, as it was all that was left when I booked...) BTW I found out that the balcony was uncovered from Cruise Critic -- not from Princess or my TA -- but too late to change. (I never thought to research it, as I never imagined there was such a thing as an uncovered balcony on any cruise ship!)

In the end, given the choice of looking straight down to the sea from our balcony or having to look over lower balconies from above, I think our situation was better. Still, I missed the privacy of a covered balcony, and the lack of cover made our balcony mostly unusable -- rain (too wet -- duh) or shine (too hot). Wouldn't do it again.

We want to look straight down on the water, with a view unobstructed by lifeboats, other balconies, or anything else. And we like the shade and privacy of a covered balcony. It would be hard to pick one or the other, either the view to the water or the shade and privacy. It looks like a few cabins at the back of the ship on the deck above the promenade would work for us. We love studying other ships up close in port. :)

We want to look straight down on the water, with a view unobstructed by lifeboats, other balconies, or anything else. And we like the shade and privacy of a covered balcony. It would be hard to pick one or the other, either the view to the water or the shade and privacy. It looks like a few cabins at the back of the ship on the deck above the promenade would work for us. We love studying other ships up close in port. :)

Sounds like a plan!

going on caribbean princess in july. Nachi Cocum looks like exactly what we like for a beach day. How long is the cab ride from the cruise terminal? Also thanks for posting pictures- nice to see the place from the guest perspective. - more interested in a beach with fewer kids- would that describe nachi Cocum

Getting there it was about fifteen minutes by taxi. When we were ready to go we just went to the restaurant and they called a cab for us (which arrived very fast...maybe ten minutes after the call).

We had planned on getting dropped off in the square/downtown as my DH and MIL had fond memories of vacations there in the sixties and were curious to see how it changed but changed our plans after we realized how knowledgeable and interesting our driver was.

I think we offered him an extra twenty dollars to take us on a little tour of Cozumel. He was great! He drove us all around and pointed out the major monuments and sculptures along the shore. He pointed out churches and talked to us about the architecture and life in Cozumel today. He also stopped at a store so MIL could pick up some coffee.

I was really happy not to have to walk all over the place lugging our beach bag and the family was happy to see the downtown. A win/win!