Would I recommend Caribbean Princess? Absolutely! (With Pictures)

sky61

We just came off of a week on Caribbean Princess with Ports of Belize, Roatan, Honduras and Cozumel, Mexico. This was our third cruise (first was on the Crown Princess and second on Celebrity Reflection) and we (DH & MIL) were all looking forward to sun after the horrid winter.

So our hopes were high in that area but I really tried to keep my expectations reasonable ship-wise. I knew this was an older ship and had read of all the problems leaving the port of Houston, difficulties with illness off and on and in general had not read a lot of positive reviews about the state of the ship itself.

Well we were super lucky because we didn't see any signs of illness and the fog issues have settled down now that winter is past. The mooring lines were let go at 4:34pm and we were on our way. Here's a shot of a tug in our wake.P1020489_zpsb161dce6.jpg.html?sort=3&o=179

We stayed in a Mini-Suite (D422) and MIL had a balcony two floors above us. The rooms were spotless and we loved our location...mid ship and very close to stairs and the elevator. I was a little concerned that it may get noisy but it was as peaceful as can be.<a href=P1020484_zpsb5b9321b.jpg' alt='P1020484_

Edited by sky61

Wow how odd, 2 concurring threads (Sky61&Tullabelle) about the Caribbean Princess, same sail date. One loved the cruise the other hated it.:confused:

That's why it's always good to read lots of reviews don't you think? But it is funny how different someone's experience can be. All three of us had a fab time.

Our balcony was one of those ones where everyone can easily look down and I thought that would bother me but it was really fine. I mean I'm not exactly doing anything super private out there and rarely did I even see anyone above me. There was one really fun day leaving the Port of Roatan where we had about three levels of balconies carrying on a conversation...loved that!<a href=http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u648/siobhansky/P1020483_zps5e5e3b54.jpg' alt='P1020483_zps5e5e3b54.jpg'>

Edited by sky61

I did notice a slightly moldy smell on one of the levels of stairs and again in our bathroom. Luckily I had read on these boards about that and brought along a room freshener for the bathroom (one of those refill types that you just leave out). That solved the freshness problem in there for the week and the room steward kept everything beautifully clean. There is a line in the bathroom to hang wet swimsuits which comes in handy and also plenty of storage and loads of hangers.

I celebrated our first night with a lovely scallop dish. DH and I don't drink alcohol so we went with the $7 a day soft drink package. He also got a coffee card for $29 which gave him fifteen specialty coffees. Don't worry...I helped him with that.<a href=P1020504_zps04da0032.jpg' alt='P1020504_

Edited by sky61

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed it! We are sailing on CB on June 7 for our honeymoon and it's my fiances first Princess cruise! Hoping it will hook him! Tell us more and post more pics!!!!! :) thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh that is wonderful congratulations! The crew is so great and we really had such an awesome time. You will have the all the romance and relaxing you dream of and the crew will go out of their way to make sure you have a stellar trip.

I made reservations at Nachi Cocum for our Cozumel Port. If you don't know about this you can check out the link here http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/ and also numerous threads if you do a search in CC. The cab cost $16 to the club. The all inclusive rate of $55 includes drinks (I got five 'virgin' mango drinks that were so fruity and refreshing), a five course meal and best of all the club is limited to 100 people. You need to make reservations and remember to bring the printed out form with you when you go. P1020507_zpsdb850769.jpg

I'm enjoying your pictorial review! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your experience and seeing more pictures.

We enjoyed sailing on the Caribbean Princess a few years ago.

Did you take any pictures of the bathroom in your mini-suite?

Edited by JimAOk1945

There is also a lovely pool and hot tub, clean restrooms and restaurant if you prefer eating at a table. You will be offered the opportunity to pay additional for other water sport things but we said no thanks and were not hounded which I liked. Made for a peaceful beach day. I meant to get a shot of the pool but you'll have to enjoy these palm trees instead...P1020519_zpsedc65854.jpg

I'm enjoying your pictorial review! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your experience and seeing more pictures.

We enjoyed sailing on the Caribbean Princess a few years ago.

Did you take any pictures of the bathroom in your mini-suite?

Unfortunately no and I really meant to. I can tell you there was a nice bathtub and large counter with a sink. Also there were three small glass shelves on the side and additional open space on a shelf under the sink.

As you may know Princess no longer provides those nice little eucalyptus shampoos and conditioners. A shampoo/conditioner combo and liquid soap are in two large pump bottles screwed to the wall near in shower. I prefer bar soap so brought a my own but really didn't have to as we were given small bars and I'm sure you could ask for more. But I was glad I brought my own conditioner...

Any birders out there? I love them but I'm a beginner. This little guy is pretending to enjoy the view but really he and his buddies were swooping down and munching P1020554_zps7744da91.jpgwhatever they could get there little beaks on.

Well I've barely begun and I'm already out of order. Sigh. Forgot to mention that on Sunday, our first sea day, we went to The Sanctuary. You can only book it in advance if you take the whole week (for $210 yikes) and really we didn't want that so we were told to show up at 8am which we did. The seats along the inside facing the water were all booked for the week (!) but that was fine because we were ready to start our sun worshiping:cool:

It cost $40 for the day (you can do a half day...but if you want the second half of the day you have to show up at noon and see if there is space available...which there pretty much was all week but we just wanted one day) and we were given our choice of the seats left. There was a bowl of fresh fruit available and waitstaff to bring drinks. We also ordered lunch from their menu for a $3 service charge. The loungers were completely cushy and luxurious and we liked the quiet but didn't need to go back as we found another quiet space near the aft pool for our other sea days.

P1020497_zps3edb1a8b.jpg

So here is the adults only pool in this area for Sanctuary but it is also for anyone else. You do not need to pay for the Sanctuary to use this pool. The area above is pay...but the area around the pool is open. There are about ten loungers here so if you get here early you could score a seat and also plenty of room on the wooden stairs near the pool.P1020500_zps2cf353ed.jpg