Have You/Will You/Are you considering canceling your Quantum or Anthem Cruise?

Quantum Cancellations  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Quantum Cancellations

• I've Canceled my Existing QoS or AoS
    • I'm Considering Canceling my Existing QoS or AoS
    • I won't consider QoS AoS reservations
    • The change in Home Ports will not affect my decision

Given the recent shuffle of Quantum Class cruising, Have You canceled your existing booking, Are you Considering Canceling Your Existing Booking or are you No longer considering booking Quantum or Anthem for future cruises in the Near Future?

I'm hoping everyone sends a message to RC and cancels their cruise. Were booked on the QOS and it would be really fun if we were the only passengers.

Also, If they don't duplicate the shows on the Anthem it would be nice to have different ships.

I'm hoping everyone sends a message to RC and cancels their cruise. Were booked on the QOS and it would be really fun if we were the only passengers.

Also, If they don't duplicate the shows on the Anthem it would be nice to have different ships.

Having an entire ship to yourself... that doesn't sound like fun (at least not after the 2nd or 3rd day)

Having an entire ship to yourself... that doesn't sound like fun (at least not after the 2nd or 3rd day)

Could you imagine how annoying the bar servers would be if you were the only guests on board... Oh my. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Booked all three, Quantum, Liberty and Anthem, with a good bye Explorer cruise in September. Nothing better than a cruise an hour from home, with different ships, and especially love all the different ports.

I put up the survey to get a feel if people were just complaining or if there was any action being taken by those that are supposedly frustrated with RCI for holding back information, or changing things late in the game, etc...

It's only been a few hours, but so far, the numbers show that decisions that are made by RCI that seem frustrating are not enough to out-weigh the benefits that come with sailing RCI as they continue to put out quality ships and experiences..

If you haven't done so, please take this really short poll.

I'm interested in getting a more complete picture...

Too be honest I was hoping Anthem was in Florida for Christmas 2015 as we were looking forward to booking but things changed so we booked the 8 day sailing out of NJ.

It's not the greatest itinerary but it's a 10 hr drive without a hotel vs a 24 hr drive and a hotel. I figure that the first time on the ship it will be more about the ship and less about the ports.

Maybe by the time Christmas 2016 rolls around hey will be back to heir original schedule and have a Wuantum class ship spending the winter in FLL.

Two things:

1. I couldn't see the poll on Tapatalk, which I was using when answered initially.
  2. Your poll implies that the change in home port has anything at all to do with my decision. It does not.

I answered the last choice only because it is closest. But still not correct.

Two things:

1. I couldn't see the poll on Tapatalk, which I was using when answered initially.
  2. Your poll implies that the change in home port has anything at all to do with my decision. It does not.

I answered the last choice only because it is closest. But still not correct.

Brian -

Unfortunately, there's a character limit on the description for each Poll Choice, or they would have been a bit more descript.

What is your reason for your choice, if you don't mind me asking?

Nope! Booked on both Quantum and Anthem.

Only changed cabins on Anthem after RCI remembered what "No Single Supplement" means...sort of.:rolleyes:

New ships and some new ports 40 minutes drive from home...what's not to like?

Denise

I have a QUANTUM cruise booked in January but I'm thinking about canceling it for two reasons.

1. It's pretty expensive and probably overpriced

2. I've lost my excitement and momentum for this class of ship now that QUANTUM is going to China. I just seem to have lost interest. Royal Caribbean built up QUANTUM so much, only to deflate my enthusiasm by announcing the ship would go to China year round.

I'll decide for certain when final payment time comes around.

The change in Home Ports did not affect my decision at all, already booked Quantum, Liberty and Anthem and excited all three with be in Cape Libety.

Boy did they wow us ! I was somewhat shocked to hear that Quantum was going to China, I just could not believe it. Here they advertised in the Macy's parade, they selected a Broadway star as Godmother and revealed dynamic dining in NYC. Then all of a sudden one day, everything changes, they really know how to wow people. I understand the dredging issue with Bermuda sealed the deal to move her to China and Royal's thinking, $$$$$$$. The only thing constant, is change.

We always had MTD at 7:30, selected same time for DD, table for two. So not much different for us with the exception of more choices for dining, which do look very good. There were so many complaints about food, a change needed to be made.

As much as I love the Explorer and will miss her and her fantastic crew, we're excited and looking forward to cruising on Quantum, Liberty and then Anthem.

Booked all three, Quantum, Liberty and Anthem, with a good bye Explorer cruise in September. Nothing better than a cruise an hour from home, with different ships, and especially love all the different ports.

Now that's the way to do it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I have a Quantum cruised already booked but unfortunately its the March 21, 2015 sailing with only two ports of call on an 8 Night cruise. Also my DD spring break is now the week before. Like many, I was hoping to change to Quantum summer 2015 but we all know how that went. Next option was Anthem during December holiday period or Spring Break in March 2016. Again strike out. For all the possible dates I could go Anthem does the Bahamas sailing. That may not be bad at all for some, but I live within two hours of Port Canaveral. So catching a Flight to NJ only to stop by my house on the way to the Caribbean is not optimal.

For now I have to wait and see if another port is added to the 3/21/15 and worth it to take off a week after our scheduled spring break. Either way I will still follow the Quantum/Anthem build process and maybe sail on the class someday.

The numbers are rolling in, with a majority of people staying the course and not canceling or thinking of cancelling Quantum or Anthem reservations.

That's great news!!!

If you haven't already done so, please take our poll.

Thank you!!

I am also booked (four balcony cabins) on the March 21 sailing. We are watching the itinerary, hoping it will change. Two ports in 8 days is extremely disappointing. I would not have booked that week if this had been the original itinerary.

I am also booked (four balcony cabins) on the March 21 sailing. We are watching the itinerary, hoping it will change. Two ports in 8 days is extremely disappointing. I would not have booked that week if this had been the original itinerary.

Sounds like a few people are in the same position.

:(

I hope they update the itinerary.

:mad:

I have a Quantum cruised already booked but unfortunately its the March 21, 2015 sailing with only two ports of call on an 8 Night cruise. Also my DD spring break is now the week before. Like many, I was hoping to change to Quantum summer 2015 but we all know how that went. Next option was Anthem during December holiday period or Spring Break in March 2016. Again strike out. For all the possible dates I could go Anthem does the Bahamas sailing. That may not be bad at all for some, but I live within two hours of Port Canaveral. So catching a Flight to NJ only to stop by my house on the way to the Caribbean is not optimal.

For now I have to wait and see if another port is added to the 3/21/15 and worth it to take off a week after our scheduled spring break. Either way I will still follow the Quantum/Anthem build process and maybe sail on the class someday.

I DID go ahead and cancel my march 21's sailing. The 2 stops and over night in labadee was not worth it at all in 8 nights. I now booking anthem 12 night southern.