Oh happy day for anti_lounge chair hog

Beach1

Simple! just pull out the towel they stole on their last cruise!

Simple, keep an eye on your stuff from the hot tub....react if someone tries to take your stuff.

i did that and no one touched my towel or things and i dont think anyone should if your using the pool or hot tub for 30-45min, but then again i agree its not cool to take it up for hours at a time and not be around.

lest we forget:

Many folks need to return to their cabin for a drink form their rum runners

Many folks need to lay out their Cozumel t-shirt for formal night

Many folks need to get down to the guest services desk to remove their gratuities

Seriously, the only reason RCI does not enforce their own rules is fear of losing a return passenger.....they assume those that follow the rules will not make decisions with their future vacation dollar based on rules violations of others.

As far as I know, it is not against "the rules" to wear a Cozumel t-shirt to dinner or to remove gratuities. You may not like or agree with those things. I might feel that way too. You might think they are rude behaviors, but they are not breaking any rules that I am aware of.

• 3 weeks later...
Honestly, I really don't.

Is that in the bible or something? :rolleyes:

No, I'm not taking my stuff with me to the bar or the restaurant or sauna.

Yes, it's my chair for the day, as long as I'm going to use it more than 50% of the time I have stuff on it. (That's in the bible.) It's not my fault if the cruise line doesn't have enough chaise lounges for its passengers. And frankly I've never been in a situation where you couldn't find chairs somewhere not more than a few minutes walk from the pool. So as long as there are other chairs, why do I need to schlep my stuff around? :rolleyes:

Okay, explain this: If chairs can always be found, why do you feel the need to hog THIS ONE for the whole day, even when you admit you're not using it the whole day?

You're going to have to dig deep in the bag of justification to make up an answer for that one.

Okay, explain this: If chairs can always be found, why do you feel the need to hog THIS ONE for the whole day, even when you admit you're not using it the whole day?

You're going to have to dig deep in the bag of justification to make up an answer for that one.

Brilliantly stated. :)

Somewhat similarly...when finished with a chair, refurn your towel to the dirty towel bin! I've witnessed many lazy people simply walk away and leave their used towel on the chair. Then, others walk around looking for a vacant chair, and don't realize the chair is vacant due to the lazy person leaving their towel there. That's why I actually prefer the policy of having to "check out" the towels with the seapass card. Then everyone is sure to return them so they are not charged!

As far as people saying they've been improperly charged...whenever I would return a towel, I would simply ask if my "towel count" was zero!

Peter

Edited by RoyalDiamond
Spelling error, added info

As far as I know, it is not against "the rules" to wear a Cozumel t-shirt to dinner or to remove gratuities. You may not like or agree with those things. I might feel that way too. You might think they are rude behaviors, but they are not breaking any rules that I am aware of.

Well I can't believe it took 7 pages to have someone mention the dress code.

People are not breaking any rules when they leave restroom without washing their hands.....but I wouldn't want to sit with them at dinner. I like it when people follow recommended dress code and I like it when people wash their hands after using the bathroom.

If people followed the suggestions there wouldn't need to be rules.

Think about it this way: While you are in the hot tub or pool...........you don't need that lounger, do you?

:)

true however i do need a place to put my things and towel. i try to pick one in the second row as to not block off a good lounger.

what if the people were in the pools and then come out to find their stuff and towel missing?:confused:

The pool attendant is responsible for storing items safely, from "saved" chairs. It can be claimed behind the towel stack

I have to say I rarely want to sit somewhere so crowded anyway, I head for the places where there are a limited amount of people. :)

I could not stand sitting next to someone dribbling their burger sauce down their chin while baking in 90 degree heat next to the swimming pool.

I NEEd to find quiet places, of which there are an abundance, usually the quietest places are those furthest away from beer, food and ice cream.:D

I usually make a prosthetic leg in on-board arts and crafts class. Then, I leave said prosthesis on my favorite chair to reserve it for the week. They rarely remove it, even overnight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Actually anything embarrassing would probably do the trick too!!!

Years ago it was a problem when table mates of ours were IN THE POOL and when they went back to their lounge chair, someone had moved their things and took their chair. They were told that the Captain told this individual that she could take their chair.

Just saying....sometimes it is hard to tell if the person is in the pool or elsewhere on the ship.

I am not defending chair hogs...no way... but sometimes 30 minutes can be cutting it a little short.

I know I am probably in the minority but I think the 30 minute rule sucks! I totally agree with what you said above. How do you know that I'm not in the pool or a hot tub for 30 minutes? The whole point of having a chair AT THE POOL is to go INTO THE POOL. So it's right for someone -- whether it's another passenger, or the "pool police" as I call the workers to take my personal stuff off of my chair? I think not.

Also I get up very early in the morning to get my chair - I just don't sleep late. My husband sleeps late. He doesn't have to get up early in the morning on vacation so that we can spend the afternoon together at the pool on chairs.

And since I am the one who is up early in the morning to get a chair, I go to have breakfast and then come back or I go back to my room and get something or I go check on my kids somewhere. It may take me 30 minutes, it may take me 35 or 40 minutes. I watched the pool police on the last cruise that we were on. They have no idea when the actual 30 minutes are up on all those chairs. If I came back and my chairs were gone, you would definitely be hearing some very loud words!

So what I am gathering here is that the loungers are only for people who want to lay out in the sun all day and never move but if you want to get into the hot tub or pool for a while you should limit your time to 30 minutes or less. If longer than that you should move your stuff somewhere so other can have your chair and when you get out you need to go and find you another chair :confused:

I am really surprised you don't see brawls out at the pool deck!

So what I am gathering here is that the loungers are only for people who want to lay out in the sun all day and never move but if you want to get into the hot tub or pool for a while you should limit your time to 30 minutes or less. If longer than that you should move your stuff somewhere so other can have your chair and when you get out you need to go and find you another chair :confused:

I am really surprised you don't see brawls out at the pool deck!

That sums it up very well. ;)

Although you don't have "to lay out all day ... ".

Why so confused?

Edited by WetToes

i wouldnt hog a chair if there was a good place like lockers or a cubby to hold my things while in hot tub or swimming. i dont like to lay out anyway.

It would be nice if something like that was available.

You could always lay your things near the pool edge, or ask someone who is laying out, if you could put your things under their lounger. I don't think most would turn you down, and you could keep an eye on things there, better than in a lounger further back.

I know I am probably in the minority but I think the 30 minute rule sucks! I totally agree with what you said above. How do you know that I'm not in the pool or a hot tub for 30 minutes? The whole point of having a chair AT THE POOL is to go INTO THE POOL. So it's right for someone -- whether it's another passenger, or the "pool police" as I call the workers to take my personal stuff off of my chair? I think not.

Also I get up very early in the morning to get my chair - I just don't sleep late. My husband sleeps late. He doesn't have to get up early in the morning on vacation so that we can spend the afternoon together at the pool on chairs.

And since I am the one who is up early in the morning to get a chair, I go to have breakfast and then come back or I go back to my room and get something or I go check on my kids somewhere. It may take me 30 minutes, it may take me 35 or 40 minutes. I watched the pool police on the last cruise that we were on. They have no idea when the actual 30 minutes are up on all those chairs. If I came back and my chairs were gone, you would definitely be hearing some very loud words!

TFB!! If U wanna get up early, that is YOUR CHOICE! But Don't expect to save chairs ALL MORNING so you can have one in the afternoon! If you want to eat breakky, EAT BEFORE going out to the pool, then go get UR chairs. I wouldn't hesitate 1 second getting the pool cops to move your stuff!![ sorry, that's just the way I am] BTW, I am a police dude

here is what you can do , watch a movie on it at night on the big screen and then go to sleep on it and get the jump on the early risers. in fact never go to your room , just have someone bring you food and only leave to go to the restroom no more than 5 min a trip.

If they got up early enough to reserve lounges, they were up early enough to sit on them. .

Or at least leave one person behind to watch. I think many of the more experienced chair hogs leave one person behind to monitor all 5-10 chairs they are saving. Below is one of my favorite chair pics, that I have taken. (Ok, yea, its one way I spend my vacation, noting chair hog behavior :D ) Anyway, I call this, "Changing of the guard" This family saved 7 chairs on the final Sea Day on Allure back in 2011. They reserved them before 8 am, and didn't have more than one person in them until well after 11:30

The guy sitting is just taking his shift, the guy in the white shirt walking away was just relieved.

hog1.jpg

At the risk of being rude...this is also reserving chairs. :D

If a particular spot is that important (I know some people NEED the sun and some like them in the shade) then why not eat in shifts? I mean, if you are on a cruise with someone, the odds are pretty good that you know them and spending some time apart won't kill you...heck, they may even welcome it. :eek:

That's what my wife and I do. Though usually after about 2 hours I have had my fill and I give up my chair. My wife will make friends with someone nearby if she needs to use the restroom so they know she will be right back and she will do the same in turn for someone else.

Maybe if enough people complain these people that get up at 6 Am and spread towel on dozens of chairs will cease. The joy I felt was the best part of my cruise

Since you mentioned 6am and much of this has related to Freedom, this is one of my all time favorite chair hog pics. Note the clock.

chairhog.jpg

I beg forgiveness if I've already posted this one in this thread already. I didn't even take this picture, but the guy in it looks just like a coworker so I saved it and showed it to him.