New Menus?

ihopfar

I thought I read on here somewhere that NCL was testing new menus on the Breakaway and the Getaway. But I only saw that mentioned once.

Is that true?

If so, how long has that been going on? What is different?

Thanks,

Brad

I thought I read on here somewhere that NCL was testing new menus on the Breakaway and the Getaway. But I only saw that mentioned once.

Is that true?

If so, how long has that been going on? What is different?

Thanks,

Brad

Yes, it's true. There are a lot of items that are different, and the food quality has also been upgraded. Very, very good.

Thanks All!

Those menus do look really good.

Hopefully they will adopt something resembling them fleet wide before our (possible) next cruise on the Gem in December of '15.

Thanks,

Brad

Does anyone have any information as to when they plan to roll out the new menus to the smaller ships?

The last 4 cruises I've been on (going back to November 2011) have all had the same menus. So I was really hoping to give these new ones a go for our NCL Star Baltic cruise in the middle of June.

Did the specialty restaurants get there menus tweaked also? Saw a video on the NCL site about Cagney's and it shows them preparing a T-Bone steak. The sample menu didn't have T-Bone on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Did the specialty restaurants get there menus tweaked also? Saw a video on the NCL site about Cagney's and it shows them preparing a T-Bone steak. The sample menu didn't have T-Bone on it.

Both Cagney's and the Italian restaurant got new menus 1-2 years ago, and I believe that Le Bistro is the next one of the specialty restaurants to get a new menu, but I have no idea when.....

Someone did post a newer Cagney's menu with a 16 oz T-Bone on it. One of the Jewel class ships.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Somebody recently posted what they thought was a newer menu, but it turned out to be the old one from a few years back.

The link I provided earlier had the new Cagney's menu. This was available on the sun in November. Here is a link directly to the Cagney's menu;

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/cagneys.pdf

Rochelle

Yes, that's the current Cagneys Menu.

You can also find the old one on Beyondships, which was the one I suspect the above poster was referring to.

Edit: This is the recent thread that may be causing the confusion:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1994318&highlight=cagneys

Edited by KeithJenner

I had to laugh at the "whole roasted turkey" on day 5 or 6!

It does look good with selections of vegetarian, chicken, fish and pork or lamb each night. Seems like a larger selection also. I did not see the portabello mushrooms that I love so.....NCL, don't take those away!