What Did I Forget?

Xstant

Sailing on the Allure on 6/29!! We are now 60 days away. What have I forgotten to do?

We have flights to FLL booked. Also have pre and post cruise hotels booked. Will take cabs to and from the port.

I've completed on line check in and printed the set sail passes. Also filled out the waivers. Passports are all valid.

Booked all our shows (Chicago, Ocean Aria, Ice Games, comedy show, headliner, and Blue Planet). Booked all excursions. We'll book the specialty restaurant on board. We get one free specialty restaurant meal but it has to be booked on board and for a port day. Same with the spa credit. I still need to figure out if I want to do a beverage package.

It's still too early to start packing.

Have I forgotten anything?

If you have not signed up for mix and mingle please do so!!!!! We will be on this sailing also. What about your shows?

Forgot to mention the Mix and Mingle. Signed up for that last weekend. Thanks for the reminder..

Call your credit card companies (a few day prior to leaving) and let them know where you'll be....saves hassle if you have fraud alerts on your cards!)

A few days before...stop paper and mail.

Turn off water to your washer.

• 2 weeks later...

Check with your cell phone carrier about your plan and your phone. For smart phones, just putting your phone on "airplane mode" won't stop it from generating charges. You need to know how to go into the settings and turn off roaming.

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

Check with your cell phone carrier about your plan and your phone. For smart phones, just putting your phone on "airplane mode" won't stop it from generating charges. You need to know how to go into the settings and turn off roaming.

Airplane mode turns off all communications. You can override and turn on WiFi, but the cellular part (the part that generates charges with the cell carrier) will always be off in airplane mode.

Airplane mode turns off all communications. You can override and turn on WiFi, but the cellular part (the part that generates charges with the cell carrier) will always be off in airplane mode.

That's what I thought too - but decided to call just to verify. When I spoke to Sprint, they told me that the newer smart phones could still roam data in Airplane mode (maybe it varies by carrier?) and to ensure that there won't be charges do the following: Under Roaming Uncheck Domestic data and Uncheck International data; Slide Mobile Data to OFF. (This varies by phone where the settings are located, but that's the gist.)

Don't forget to shut off the coffee pot before you leave.

We were halfway to the airport (4 hour drive) when we worried that it wasn't shut off. :eek:

Take some tums with you. Heartburn from all of the pigging out is misery in the middle of the night when you wake up and don't have any. ;)

Okay so I'm a little compulsive but I actually set up an excel spreadsheet with a To Do task list and a What To Bring list. This list is kept handy to add to/delete, etc. Its VERY helpful when you do start to pack. At sixty days out, start it now! Have fun!