Loyalty Scheme

Have received the e tickets for our cruise in June and there is now a paragraph:-

To improve our services to you and to recognise our returning customers, we now ask you to provide contact details for the passengers travelling with you in a Cruise embarkation form. If you haven't completed this form already go to the following URL to complete information: http/www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/embarkation. You'll need your surname, departure date and booking reference.

Could this be the start of something new?

Have received the e tickets for our cruise in June and there is now a paragraph:-

To improve our services to you and to recognise our returning customers, we now ask you to provide contact details for the passengers travelling with you in a Cruise embarkation form. If you haven't completed this form already go to the following URL to complete information: http/www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/embarkation. You'll need your surname, departure date and booking reference.

Could this be the start of something new?

this has been happening for a while now, filled in our last 2 cruise and had loyalty gifts both times

Thomsons dont have a loyalty scheme for repeat customers which is shame and also they are not departing from the uk next year from what i can see on their brochures/websites. We know the Spirit is only departing from Turkey in 2015 sad to hear as she may be old but she is clean and comfortable and the only ship we have sailed on 3 times

I haven't read all five pages, but can't help thinking Thomson could make their customers much happier by including a bottle of the cheap bubbly for everyone in their cabin for the sail away, and give 5% discount for repeat guests(or build up to 5% after three cruises). Other cruise lines have an additional cocktail evening, so instead of that perhaps Thomson could do something else that make guests feel valued

I know its difficult to please everyone, but a loyalty scheme shouldn't mean you have to spend more money. Hey, I know, what about free use of the safe for returning guests. Come on, they must have paid for those safes years ago.

Sweby

• 3 weeks later...
the prices are so cheap that is why they dont offer a loyalty scheme.

The prices are not cheap anymore unless you book very last minute. This year will be our last Thomson Cruise for a while as a family as the prices for a family have escalated! Shame as we like the product but it will be good to try different lines.

It makes good business sense to have a loyalty scheme.

I have looked at some of the American lines and your benefits are calculated based on number of cruises whereas P & O, for example, are calculated based on the number of nights spent onboard.

All these cruises lines treat adults and children the same. So basically in years to come our kids will get the benefits we aspired to, as we couldn't afford the number of cruises it takes to be at the top of the tree, because we have the kids!! Lucky, lucky them! I have told both if mine that they can fund our " World!"

Suzy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last minute bargains on Thomsons are really good, we sailed in May to Iceland for less than half the book price in September with 4 weeks notice. You have to be on the watch for the bargains as they are generally to fill up the cabins within the last month of sailing. I prefer english cruise ships as they dont charge ridiculous amounts of tipping, its normally all in which it isnt on the american lines ie P & O theirs is a10%. Have been recommended by another person on here to try Fred Olsens so i will keep looking there.

P&O charge about £3.00 per person per day service charge... you can remove it and tip the staff yourself

Now £3.95 and little point in removing the auto tip and tipping directly because if you do the crew member has to put that tip in the 'pool'.

Many on the P&O forum agree that having the tips included in the fare like Thomson is a good idea.

The last minute bargains on Thomsons are really good, we sailed in May to Iceland for less than half the book price in September with 4 weeks notice. You have to be on the watch for the bargains as they are generally to fill up the cabins within the last month of sailing. I prefer english cruise ships as they dont charge ridiculous amounts of tipping, its normally all in which it isnt on the american lines ie P & O theirs is a10%. Have been recommended by another person on here to try Fred Olsens so i will keep looking there.

I know - I went with my 17 year old daughter at Easter on the Celebration for 'peanuts'; makes a complete mockery of people who book sometimes 18 months in advance which we did for this summer; never again unless Thomson sort out & make their pricing policy more fair for all.

Edited by Julessmiles

Fred now add £4 pp per day for tips, but you can remove them. We actually left them on last time as we had free AI and our entire bill for the 10 days came to £96, which included the £80 tips :D:D

Regarding getting bargains, most lines, including Fred, Thomson and P&O do late offers :)

Dont say that Jakanne1 i had the same worries as im only 57 and had the impression Freds was a floating nursing home but another critic has told me there is a varied age range including children. So unless it just suits you to sail from Newcastle etc dont think its just for your age group. I will be looking out for a bargain with them for next year as we want to see St. Petersburg and as thomsons is not sailing from the Uk next year and i dont like the american cruise lines Freds it is.

Some are not in a position to wait 4 weeks/last minute to book their holiday/cruise

Once you start the new year and start thinking about holidays its a bit of a dilema about how long you wait to book when you've seen the cruise/itinerary you want. I'm limited to the times I can have off work and if I'm set on something I don't want to miss out. Even in Jan/Feb the prices changed up and down by upto £150 for 1 person over the course of a few weeks. When they dropped back I booked. I'm already thinking about a cruise for July 2015 (not Thomson) so had a look at the prices for the same cruise in Jul14 and Jul15 and the 2014 booking was over £400 cheaper by leaving it late. I'm thinking I'll not set my heart on anything next year and just take the risk that there will be something available somewhere!! To be honest I'd be less bothered about a loyalty scheme if I knew I was getting a fair price whenever I booked. In the end though once I've booked at a price I'm happy with I stop looking at prices - there's no point worrying about it after that.

Edited by GaryT-UK

Dont say that Jakanne1 i had the same worries as im only 57 and had the impression Freds was a floating nursing home but another critic has told me there is a varied age range including children. So unless it just suits you to sail from Newcastle etc dont think its just for your age group. I will be looking out for a bargain with them for next year as we want to see St. Petersburg and as thomsons is not sailing from the Uk next year and i dont like the american cruise lines Freds it is.

That statement was a bit "tongue in cheek" Linda. ;). Truth is I've done 6 Thomson cruises and would like to try a different cruise line. Oh, and I am a lot younger than DH. :D. Travelling from Newcastle by air or sea makes it so much easier for us but it does narrow our choice of cruise company.

Once you start the new year and start thinking about holidays its a bit of a dilema about how long you wait to book when you've seen the cruise/itinerary you want. I'm limited to the times I can have off work and if I'm set on something I don't want to miss out. Even in Jan/Feb the prices changed up and down by upto £150 for 1 person over the course of a few weeks. When they dropped back I booked. I'm already thinking about a cruise for July 2015 (not Thomson) so had a look at the prices for the same cruise in Jul14 and Jul15 and the 2014 booking was over £400 cheaper by leaving it late. I'm thinking I'll not set my heart on anything next year and just take the risk that there will be something available somewhere!! To be honest I'd be less bothered about a loyalty scheme if I knew I was getting a fair price whenever I booked. In the end though once I've booked at a price I'm happy with I stop looking at prices - there's no point worrying about it after that.

One of the problem us up in Scotlandshire have is,leaving it late theres less chance of us getting flights.

I agree Jim and we book quite early for that reason but this year the flight, the cabin and the hotel (cruise and stay) were all still available two weeks before we go and the price had dropped by £500!:eek: Think we'll try a late booking next year. We'll get one with somebody and if not we'll just do a land holiday.

We need to be realistic with any Loyalty Scheme.

I have sailed with RCI on numerous occasions and there scheme improves with the number of cruises you have had, which also includes number nights and stateroom type.

The first few will only include a voucher book which will include money off vouchers and buy one get on free drink offer (only one). You get a different colour ships card also to do with your status.

Offers will be received through your Crown and Anchors membership again dependant on status, thus the reason Thomson need to be realistic, but reasonable with whatever scheme they decide on

When (sorry - if!) you go Independent, maybe you won't get ANY flights, lol:D:D:D

:D

When ;),we`ll have more chance of getting rid of air passenger duty

I agree Jim and we book quite early for that reason but this year the flight, the cabin and the hotel (cruise and stay) were all still available two weeks before we go and the price had dropped by £500!:eek: Think we'll try a late booking next year. We'll get one with somebody and if not we'll just do a land holiday.

Sheila,as you know it can and does work the other way.It much depends on the popularity of said cruise.Anyway,wont have that trouble next year,land based for us