Loyalty Scheme

.... thus the reason Thomson need to be realistic, but reasonable with whatever scheme they decide on

Trouble is I don't believe Thomson have any intention of adopting a loyalty scheme which could in any sense be likened to their competitors'.

We met a couple on Celebrity who said they had only travelled with Celebrity and would like to try other cruise lines but they had accrued loyalty perks which they said 'were now beginning to count' ie they felt locked in to Celebrity in the sense of wanting to take advantage of the loyalty scheme. They clearly valued the benefits they'd earned. We said nothing but when they said they'd done 8 cruises you can imagine how we felt about Thomson having done more than three times more with them!

Where's the incentive? Prices we've paid (including gratuities) on P&O and Celebrity has been less than some very similar cruises we've done with Thomson.

I know what they mean about being tied in, we have earned benefit from both Princess and RCI, but at the moment these benefits are slight, but still welcomed as they would be with Thomson.

If Thomson have no intension of developing a loyalty scheme they will see loyal passengers beginning to defect (already seems to have started) which would be a shame. If they are serious about a scheme they need to start sharing their ideas with people and need to do this very soon.

Happy Cruising though where and with whoever

I know what they mean about being tied in, we have earned benefit from both Princess and RCI, but at the moment these benefits are slight, but still welcomed as they would be with Thomson.

If Thomson have no intension of developing a loyalty scheme they will see loyal passengers beginning to defect (already seems to have started) which would be a shame. If they are serious about a scheme they need to start sharing their ideas with people and need to do this very soon.

Happy Cruising though where and with whoever

I don't think they meant they were tied in (that was me paraphrasing and interpreting the gist of what they were saying). It's just that having gained some benefits they were reluctant to travel with another line on which they didn't qualify for benefits. Of course it's all part of the package - what perks you get has to be weighed against the price you pay - either with a different company or the one which gives you benefits from a loyalty scheme.

I suppose to an extent it's psychological - we all like to feel we are valued and getting something back and I think that was their mind set. But if others share the same sentiments, albeit a relatively small percentage, then the loyalty scheme is reaping some rewards for the cruise lines in terms of repeat bookings. I just fear what Thomson are doing is just a cheap nod to returning guests but if people don't see it as a proper loyalty scheme, as you say, this may result in more defecting elsewhere.

Yes if they are serious you are right they really do need to start tempting passengers with something more meaningful and soon.

Thomson did recognise us as loyal cruisers and offered us a seat at the staff captains table on the first formal night on the first sitting Had to decline as the first sitting is far to early for us We have always done the second sitting

If you're on for a two week cruise they will give you one sitting the first week and the other sitting the second week so I guess it's just pot luck which one is offered first. But yes you can ask to swap (we've never been refused our preferred sitting) but a request on booking would seem like a sensible idea although they may not be able to accommodate everyone's choice. At least though the earlier you book the better chance of getting your preference - at least you would think so. :rolleyes:

(Feeling much brighter this am Linda - hope you are too. :) )

Edited by kruzseeka

If you're on for a two week cruise they will give you one sitting the first week and the other sitting the second week so I guess it's just pot luck which one is offered first. But yes you can ask to swap (we've never been refused our preferred sitting) but a request on booking would seem like a sensible idea although they may not be able to accommodate everyone's choice. At least though the earlier you book the better chance of getting your preference - at least you would think so. :rolleyes:

(Feeling much brighter this am Linda - hope you are too. :) )

Perhaps we should be running Thomson Cruises, Kruzseeka :D

Yes feeling much better too :) and the sun is out :) but got to got to the dentist at 11.10am :(

What did I start...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You would think it would be easy to ask about the Captain's night sitting when booking, but I am sure there would still be some confusion, with many newbies thinking that it's 2 sittings throughout the whole cruise.

We all know how little some TA's actually know about the product they are selling.

Pleased you are both feeling better Ladies, and Linda, I am at the Dentist this afternoon too....:eek: I hate it..