Different Credit Card for each passenger

We have an upcoming cruise booked in which our Son is one reservation, along with a friend he is taking along. Since we are paying for his cruise & expenses, I have him set up with our credit card for an on board account. Currently, his friend does not have one set up yet and was wondering if they will let her use her credit card at check in, to set up her on board account?

I have searched the forums and not seeing this scenario anywhere. I know they keep a separate portfolio for each passenger in the room. If we run into a problem, and both passengers on the reservation have to be on the same credit card, we will just set them both up with ours. Just be easier for her to take care of her own charges. We are not worried her charging things to the on board account, just one less thing to deal with after the cruise.

David

We have an upcoming cruise booked in which our Son is one reservation, along with a friend he is taking along. Since we are paying for his cruise & expenses, I have him set up with our credit card for an on board account. Currently, his friend does not have one set up yet and was wondering if they will let her use her credit card at check in, to set up her on board account?

I have searched the forums and not seeing this scenario anywhere. I know they keep a separate portfolio for each passenger in the room. If we run into a problem, and both passengers on the reservation have to be on the same credit card, we will just set them both up with ours. Just be easier for her to take care of her own charges. We are not worried her charging things to the on board account, just one less thing to deal with after the cruise.

David

Just have the friend do their own online check-in. The friend will be able to enter their credit card info.

Every passenger can use their own credit card.

Edited by clarea

David

Not to pry but make sure you have the correct documentation for your son's friend depending on her age. My son went with a friend of his and his family, he was under 21 at that time had we had to sign a few forms to allow him to travel. One thing you should do is have her or her parents sign a notarized document allowing you to made decisions in case she gets ill and can not make them for herself. BTW, my son put his own CC on file when checking into the cruise at the port.

I'm taking 4 extra kids with me in July and the online setup allows them to register their own credit card (Parents) when they complete the process. You can also opt for a cash account as well as no shipboard account. One of our travelers is a Diamond member as her family travels RC every year. I turned her on to some shipboard credits since the rest of us are not C&A members yet.