Smoking on Eclipse Deck 5: Port or Starboard side?

carrera993

Hello, CC has been my go-to site for all things cruising, but I've finally found a question I can't seem to get a solid answer about! :confused:

I'm booked on the Eclipse for January 2015 a deck 6 veranda stateroom, and have called Celebrity a number of times to find out which side smoking is allowed on Deck 5, is it Port or Starboard side?

I have been told that this can change from sailing to sailing based on wind direction or the whim of the captain, so I understand there are no guarantees.

What I'd like to know is, if you've cruised Eclipse (especially recently), on which side was smoking permitted on Deck 5?

Thank you all for your help! :)

Thank you!

Should have just posted here instead of calling Celebrity... :rolleyes:

Can anyone else weigh in on which side smoking allowed on Deck 5 based on their experience/observations?

Edited by carrera993

If you are worried about your cabin being anywhere near the smoking sections on Deck 5, then you should definitely book starboard side. As others have clearly stated, smoking is port side only. It did not change during my time on the Eclipse.

We've just come off Eclipse (sailing April 5 - 19) and smoking on Deck 5 is normally on the port side, but our sailing this year was a bit windier than we had last year on the same ship, and a lot of the time Deck 5 port side was closed off to passengers.

So I suppose it does matter from sailing to sailing, but generally it will be port side.

Texmex

Stressing out ?? Move up a few floors and don't sweat it. :rolleyes:

Been on both sides and I can tell you .... if your 3 floors or above ANY smoking section it really doesn't matter whether your balcony is on portside or starboard, the fresh air is all the same.

Not sure, read the comments on the S class sticky compilation. :)

Edited by Shake

Once again, thank you all for replying to my post.

General consensus being that the Deck 5 smoking section on Eclipse is almost always on the Port (odd numbered) side of the ship, we've decided to move over to the even #s just to be on the safe side. Should the smoking section be moved over too, due to weather or other reasons, atleast we tried to avoid.

It certainly wouldn't ruin our vacation. After all, we're going to be on a cruise! :D