123 Question

JandKMom

We opted for the Classic Beverage Package. My husband and I are each supposed to get the Classic Alcoholic beverage package and our two kids (3rd and 4th in the cabin) get the non-alcoholic and also a free Internet Package. Does that mean that they get free Internet but my husband and I will be charged for it? If so, can we just sign in under them if we want to check email or Facebook?

Not sure about who gets free internet, but it's just a sign on....and once you go to the computer center and get your userid and password, anyone with that userid and password can sign on and use those minutes. It can be used on different devices as well....it's just a log on userid/password.

So your 2 kids are getting the non-alcoholic package and a free internet package as part of the pick your perk promotion? Is this through your TA or directly through Celebrity? My daughter (13) and I will be the only 2 people in our cabin and I selected the Classic package for the pick your perk and I was wondering what she would get. Can other people with kids chime in with their experiences?

We did book through a TA, but I don't think this was any special deal. This wasn't pick your perk it was 123 Go, which was offered before that. I think this is just what the 3rd and 4th passenger get regardless of age, though perhaps your daughter would get that because she is under 21. It is listed on my receipt: Guest 1 and 2 get the Classic Beverage Package ($308 value) and Guests 2 and 3 get the non-alcholic pacage ($98 value) and Free Internet ($24.95 value). The Free Internet package is not listed for guests 1 and 2, only 3 and 4.

We did book through a TA, but I don't think this was any special deal. This wasn't pick your perk it was 123 Go, which was offered before that. I think this is just what the 3rd and 4th passenger get regardless of age, though perhaps your daughter would get that because she is under 21. It is listed on my receipt: Guest 1 and 2 get the Classic Beverage Package ($308 value) and Guests 2 and 3 get the non-alcholic pacage ($98 value) and Free Internet ($24.95 value). The Free Internet package is not listed for guests 1 and 2, only 3 and 4.

It was the deal at that particular time of your booking. Just returned from Silhouette and our friends' DS was the 3rd person in their room to qualify for the kid's soda package plus free Internet minutes (this was deal when they initially booked 6 months ago). This offer is no longer available according to the LA (did ask when we were booking another cruise onboard and qualified for the 123go promo).

Rclibertygirl5,

I may be wrong, but I thought both the first two passengers in the cabin had to have the same perk i.e. both for classic drink package, and if underage they do not qualify for anything? I'm sure someone will confirm this either way.

So then, regarding the Internet when we board, will we be each given a username and password? Can I just use one of my kids' usernames and passwords or do I have to use my own? Will they know. Seems silly for me to have to pay for Internet while theirs is free.

So then, regarding the Internet when we board, will we be each given a username and password? Can I just use one of my kids' usernames and passwords or do I have to use my own? Will they know. Seems silly for me to have to pay for Internet while theirs is free.

When you register for an account onboard on their computers, your free entitlement shows. You have to enter the individual's name and cabin no. and it shows any packages/free minutes you qualify for. Each time you long on using your username and password, it states how many minutes you have left.

Rclibertygirl5,

I may be wrong, but I thought both the first two passengers in the cabin had to have the same perk i.e. both for classic drink package, and if underage they do not qualify for anything? I'm sure someone will confirm this either way.

My TA told me that she would get the non-alcoholic package but it is not specifically listed on my invoice. It just lists the PYP for the Classic Beverage package. Can anyone else confirm?

So, then I assume I can just log on as one of my kids....

Rclibertygirl5 - are the perks itemized for each guest?

The Beverage Package for Guests 1 and 2 is listed as

SQV7-BEVCLINGRAT 308.00

SQV6-123GOPROMO1 -308.00

For Guests 3 and 4 it is listed as

SQZ7-BEVNAINGRAT 98.00

SQZ6-123GOPROMO2 -98.00

The Internet Package for Guests 3 and 4 it is listed as

SQZ6-123GOPROMO2 24.95

SRH6-123GOPROMO4 -24.95

Just keep in mind that your free internet is for only 38 minutes of connection time for each kid. That can disappear in a hurry. And they will have to be vigilant to sign off after each session or the minutes keep ticking away.

I was the "kid" when my adult daughters and I cruised last month. They had the Classic alcoholic package, while I was given the Classic non-alcoholic and Internet package.

I forgot all about the Internet portion until just now. :eek: I am not sure how that worked. I am Elite and received the Elite minutes automatically. Nothing was said about the promo minutes. Darn, I could have used those, too. :( I used up my Elite minutes by the last afternoon. I needed to do a few more things, such as check airline reservations, but I was not willing to pay more to use the net. :rolleyes:

It is listed as 1 PYPBEV on only one line because the description of this package describes that it is for 2 adults. My mom and dad's invoice looks the same as mine and they have the same package.

I take it your Mom and Dad are in a separate cabin from you and your daughter? If so, I would definitely double check (would hate for you to have hassle once boarded) as I remember others asking in previous posts about not qualifying for the drink package off PYP because both in the cabin had to qualify (do a search on CC main board for more info). Get your TA to ring X and ask for written confirmation for your daughter's package (then you'll know for sure).

We have a FV booked on Infinity and X listed the fifth person (a minor) as having a classic package, they have since withdrawn this from the original paperwork - a minor can't have a classic drink package, only a Non alcoholic package; hence JandKmom's code BEVNA (beverage non-alcoholic) for the 3rd and 4th person (which was the promo at that particular time of booking to entice more pax into each cabin). Also the case with Iamthe sea (3rd pax in room, so got the NA package). Your entitlement is pre-printed/loaded on your seapass cards when you check-in at the pier.

Link to a recent thread:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2034238

Edited by villauk
Added info

I booked the same 123GO package for our upcoming trip on the Summit. It's myself, husband, and 2 kids in same cabin and we got the same deal. I saw others have asked, so I wanted to confirm. They aren't offering it anymore, I don't think. It was a great deal. I also had the same question about the Internet for my kids since I was hoping to snag a few minutes too!

I just completed our eDocs and noticed a switch from what I expected and one that makes us happy....

We have two staterooms. Both AQ. We had 123 Go promo. Hubby and I picked Classic Alcohol package plus free gratuities. Was told by TA that my 'kids' (ages 17 and 20) would have to select the non-alcohol package even though the 20 year old is 'legal' on a European cruise. But eDocs say we have one non-alcoholic package and another "Wave Promo - Classic Pkg" which is just what it says for hubby and me.

So does this mean our son has gotten a classic alcohol package?