Is A 10:30am Flight Too Early?

debbk

Hi, my DH and I will be on the 8 night cruise on Indy next year and would like to know if booking a 10.30am domestic flight out of Fort Lauderdale is ok or if that is cutting things far too tight. We would of course choose to walk off the ship early with our luggage in order to try and allow enough time. Any thoughts on this would be great.

We just left the Oasis last Saturday. Didn't hurry at all and were sitting in our terminal by 9:30. Took a cab, made it through all of the checkpoints and good to go. Didn't leave the ship until until around 8:00 am. We could have left earlier so I would say you are fine with that time.

Heimey

I've been of the ship with self-assist as early as 8am. But last year, there were several foreign passengers and it required additional processing (and one didn't respond to HOURS of paging) and we didn't get off the ship until 9:45am. That is the only time that has happened to me in years of cruising, but just know it COULD happen.

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

You should be fine if you do self-assist dismbarkment and there are no delays.

I think the self dismbarkment is especially a good idea for Indy. I've only read about the terminal over there and have heard its not as efficient as terminal 18 where Allure/Oasis is.

I think it comes down to you would make this no problem 9 out of 10 times, but what would it cost you if you didn't make it?

I think the self dismbarkment is especially a good idea for Indy. I've only read about the terminal over there and have heard its not as efficient as terminal 18 where Allure/Oasis is.

I think it comes down to you would make this no problem 9 out of 10 times, but what would it cost you if you didn't make it?

I agree, terminal 18 is very efficient. However, our experience is that terminal 29 (Indy's normal terminal) is better than the terminals (23/24) that Liberty uses. For some reason, it takes forever to go through those customs lines.

Personally, I would never book a flight for anytime earlier than Noon. Even that might be in trouble if their are some longer than normal delays getting off the ship or going through security at the airport. For instance, if Customs gets a tip that something is being smuggled in, you will be in lines for a LONG time before you get out of the port.

If it were me, I would take an extra day, fly out the next day and enjoy the downtime to recover from the cruise the day we get off the ship.

It all comes down to how lucky you feel you are along with how much problems you will have if you miss the flight.

Edited by edjny