ryndam

finemusic

We were on the Ryndam in December and thought she was in great shape. We were on the Noordam, which is half the Ryn's age, in March and found the Ryndam felt newer. With that said, we know some people have had a/c issues on the Ryn. We're already booked another cruise on the Ryn for this fall and love this size ship.

It is one of the older vessels in the fleet. Just like the rest of the HAL ships, well maintained and in good shape.

Wouldn't hesitate for a minute to sail her. Take advantage of the smaller ships while they are still around. Before long, the smallest ships in the fleet will be 2,000 pax.

Did I not read somewhere that the Ryndam just got out of drydock in March and is now completely re conditioned?

No one has figured out how much is "behind the scenes" mechanical dry dock issues and what, if anything, in the cosmetics of rooms/public spaces have been addressed.

A repeat Ryndam cruiser could help answer the questions.

Edited by eandj

Does anybody know about the condition of Ryndam? She is 20 years old> I love her size, but skeptical about her age.

We sailed on her maiden voyage (and the other S class ships as well) so the question really makes me feel old.

We love all the "smaller" ships for their size and because they bring back some great memories. We also appreciate how well HAL has treated those ships.

We sailed on her maiden voyage (and the other S class ships as well) so the question really makes me feel old.

We love all the "smaller" ships for their size and because they bring back some great memories. We also appreciate how well HAL has treated those ships.

We just sailed the Ryndam on a transatlantic. The ship is in beautiful condition. Just came out of dry dock. They spent a lot on her. You would not know she is over 20 years old. Next to the Prinsendam, our favorite HAL ship.