island tour

shof515

In this thread I gave the names of some companies that offer tours. These companies generally have larger vans with up to 15 passenger capacity

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2031649

If you want a private taxi tour for a small number up people (one to seven) I'd suggest booking a blue flag driver in advance. You could wait until you arrive in Bermuda, but you never know who would be available at the time you want to tour. The more popular drivers seem to get booked up early.

• 2 weeks later...
We just went ahead and booked a full island drive/tour through the ship for the last day we are there, that way no worries for us since it is ship sponsored.

You will be on a bus being charged per person a whole lot more than a taxi tour. Four example a four hour taxi tour with 1 to 4 is $40 shared and hour, or if 5 or 6 $55 an hour shared. You get a much better price and a better tour in a car or van as opposed to a bus which the cruise line rents. Four or five hours is enough. No worries!

Edited by Charles4515

You will be on a bus being charged per person a whole lot more than a taxi tour. Four example a four hour taxi tour with 1 to 4 is $40 shared and hour, or if 5 or 6 $55 an hour shared. You get a much better price and a better tour in a car or van as opposed to a bus which the cruise line rents. Four or five hours is enough. No worries!

As of 5/1/14: “Sightseeing tours will increase from $40.00 to $50.00 for one to four passengers and $55.50 to $70.00 for five to seven passengers.”

source: http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20140321/NEWS/140329922/1001

SBtS

Cruise rate may seem higher but I always book through the ship the first time I ever go to a port I've never been to.

Why??? Tour guides in Bermuda are reliable, and have been qualified by the Bermuda Government to give tours. Why go on a tour with 25 of your closest friends when there could be only four seeing what you want to see versus what the cruise line thinks you should see.

SBtS

It also had to do with scheduling for us, we get there Sunday at 3, so Sunday night we are going to do a nighttime glass bottom boat tour that illuminates, Monday we are going to take the Ferry to St George and do a tour over there, so that left Tuesday as the only time to do an complete island drive, and to make sure that we get back on time we choose to book a ships tour, we don't want to take a chance on the last day of possibly getting left behind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk