elation or triumph?

~Christie~

Hey all, we are in the beginning stages of trying to plan our vacation for next summer. We are thinking of doing a quick 4 or 5 day cruise. Out of the Elation & the Triumph which ship would you choose and why? Possibly taking our 3 teens. They will be at the time of sailing will be 14, 16 (almost 17) and 17.

Your thoughts?

We have sailed the triump once but not since the 2.0 updates. We have never sailed the Elation.

Thanks in advance!

Hey all, we are in the beginning stages of trying to plan our vacation for next summer. We are thinking of doing a quick 4 or 5 day cruise. Out of the Elation & the Triumph which ship would you choose and why? Possibly taking our 3 teens. They will be at the time of sailing will be 14, 16 (almost 17) and 17.

Your thoughts?

We have sailed the triump once but not since the 2.0 updates. We have never sailed the Elation.

Thanks in advance!

I would choose Triumph because of the 2.0 upgrades.

I would choose Triumph in spite of the 2.0 "upgrades". I'm not a fan of 2.0, but fortunately, Triumph was able to keep the better shows. You still lose the extended hours for burgers & the Mexican buffet during the deck party. Triumph has more pools, a better waterslide, a nicer lido deck layout, & 2 of the best production shows. I still liked the Elation, but I liked Triumph more. Galveston tends to draw more families like yours as opposed to the adult-oriented New Orleans, so that's a plus for Triumph as well.

Seems I posted this question just a few weeks ago... We chose the Elation to stay a couple nights and do a tour in New Orleans, after all we just saw Galveston a couple months ago. Triumph would be my pick otherwise.

Yes, there was another thread on this same topic.

Elation is okay and it is a pretty ship.

Actually it is the prettiest I have seen.

I am booked on my Elation cruise number six.

Elation seems to follow me around or something.

I have done two on Triumph.

And Triumph is my favorite ship of all so far.

But I would choose New Orleans over Galveston.

Thanks all! Sorry for the double thread. I did not think about double checking first - lol!

We have saild the Triumph and loved it and I was leaning towards it for the kids' sake, but I have heard so many great things about the Elation that I wouldn't mind giving her a try, but I was worried about her size and the teens having enough to do.

I was also curious of what new 2.0 upgrades Elation was getting when she goes into dry dock this year....does anyone know?

I liked the Elation better than the Triumph. Of course I was on Triumph in 2010 so it didn't have the upgrades I guess at that time. It felt crowded and didn't flow well to me. Also, you weren't able to sit outside and eat your meals right outside the buffet on the Triumph like on the Elation. I will be taking cruise #8 in June which will be my 5th time on the Elation.