Vision of the Seas

I know it's so unusual but yes, we had margaritas, pina coladas, drink of the day, absolutely any fancy mixed drink. The waiter just went out to the nearby bar and got it. Awesome!

Yes for this sailing both the CC/Diamond Lounges provided any type of drink requested.

We also could have ANY drink we wanted in either lounge. Nice! We ate in all the new restaurants and had great service and excellent quality meals. The only slip up was at Chef's table where one hot course was brought cold.

My only complaint about the food on this ship has been the hash browns in the MDR for breakfast. They are consistently dry and not browned. They need to be cooked longer and in a little butter.

Edited by mommabean

Can you tell us what time the Diamond/Concierge lounge open and close for drinks at night. thanks....

I was on the Vision from Colon to FLL and the CL was open from 5 to 8:30. I think that may be the same for the cruises from FLL.

Vision is a ship that still feels like a ship, without all the amusement park gimmicks of the larger ships. The crew is friendly and gracious. The Schooner and R bars were my favorite hangouts.

The bathrooms are new since the Oct. 2013 dry dock, with ample storage, but I agree with a previous poster that the bowl sinks with high faucets are problematic. Showers still have clingy curtains.

Alternative restaurants were all worth the extra charge, but the MDR was also fine, with an accommodating wait staff.

I would return to this ship any time. Loved it.

well tomorrows the day. im pumped and cant sleep. ive only done a 7 n 8 day cruise so this 4 day is new to me. i feel like im not packing enough but im sure ill be fine.

tooth brush, tooth paste, deodorant and liquor. i think i have everything i need... :D

Thank you so much to all who posted about the Vision! I too was wondering why there was hardly any information about this ship!

I leave on the 31st! This is my first "solo" cruise, but my 7th w/ RC. Went on the Sovereign a few years ago and truly loved the crew so perhaps the smaller ships have the best crew!

I just booked a couple of weeks ago and I'm on a wait list for 8:30 dining. I'm worried about feeling lonely at dinner which is why I wanted to join a big table...I guess I'll wing it with MTD. Truly don't want to eat in the WJ at night.

Cheers to cruising!

Hi can anyone tell me if all the cabins had a revamp wrt bedding and sofa etc. In any photos of the accessible rooms that I have been able to find the furniture, bedding, sofa and carpets all looked really old.

Thanks

well tomorrows the day. im pumped and cant sleep. ive only done a 7 n 8 day cruise so this 4 day is new to me. i feel like im not packing enough but im sure ill be fine.

tooth brush, tooth paste, deodorant and liquor. i think i have everything i need... :D

I always feel that way too, but end up not using all the things I pack.:)

Just returned from the 5/3 sailing on the Vision. Thought they did an excellent job on the refurb and entertainment was great. The Concierge and Diamond lounges were open from 5-8:30 and you could get practially any drink you wanted, not just the standard ones we were use to on other ships. Don't know why this was, but it was great. Food in the MDR was just as good as we have had on all our previous RCCL cruises. Pool area a little crowded, since there is only one outside pool and other pool is for adults only. Nice job on the refurb of the rooms....

Just returned from the 5/3 sailing on the Vision. Thought they did an excellent job on the refurb and entertainment was great. The Concierge and Diamond lounges were open from 5-8:30 and you could get practially any drink you wanted, not just the standard ones we were use to on other ships. Don't know why this was, but it was great. Food in the MDR was just as good as we have had on all our previous RCCL cruises. Pool area a little crowded, since there is only one outside pool and other pool is for adults only. Nice job on the refurb of the rooms....

Welcome back! We board Monday..Glad you had a great time!!

One show was Boogie Wonderland and the other was Broadway Rhythm and Rhyme. The piano player was ok and yes their was a live band at the pool. Sometimes it was the Caribbean music group and other times it was the music from the dance band that played in the Centrum. doubt that these two bands would be their when you cruise, but overall the cruise was super...