Are cabanas worth it on GSC??

Pete69

I thought it was worth in but I do not think that I paid $219 I got a credit of $50 to spend at the cabana which does not go far but it was better than nothing. I am not much of a sun person so I enjoy being in the shade but you are away from the BBQ and the rest of the food

I have heard that they are and will have first hand knowledge in a couple of weeks.:)

Please make sure to visit our Pirate Lagoon!! Take a pic if you don't mind. Do you have Peg's map? Lol...kidding!

Have a great trip!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Please make sure to visit our Pirate Lagoon!! Take a pic if you don't mind. Do you have Peg's map? Lol...kidding!

Have a great trip!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

LOL, can't forget the map.

Sam the Cat - there is now a buffet near the lagoon so food is closer to the cabanas. Both the large and small cabanas are awesome. We especially like the first small cabana location - right next to the bar on one side and restroom on the other! :cool::D:cool:

Have a great trip!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

LOL, thanks! I will be taking lots of pictures and may even try a pictoral review (or at least uploading pictures at the end of my review).

Let's see, was it stagger, stagger, crawl, stagger or crawl, stagger, stagger, crawl?

Great. Thank you!

Just have a few cold ones and you will get it right :)

BA made it there yesterday. I will keep my fingers crossed for your trip

Ahoy Matey!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

I have stayed in the Large Cabanas a few times...my favorite is Cabana #1! I HIGHLY recommend the Large Cabanas! They are much closer than the Small. We had friends at the Small Cabanas and it was a hike. LOL

I will be at Great Stirrup Cay the week of 7/5 when I am on the Gem. The Cabanas are still available, but hubby and I opted not to get the Cabana this time. We are sailing without the kids, without my mom and without friends. Just the two of us. Not sure it's worth it for just the two of us.

When/how does NCL assign the cabanas? Or is it first come/first served?

I know that you don't have the option of picking one when you reserve it online, so I imagine it's first come, first served.

I know that you don't have the option of picking one when you reserve it online, so I imagine it's first come, first served.

Thanks.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Thanks.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Of course, now that the coffee is kicking in I realize that if you call the shore excursion number they might let you pick your cabana if you happen to know which one you want and it's available. One advantage of dealing with a person instead of reserving online.

Of course, now that the coffee is kicking in I realize that if you call the shore excursion number they might let you pick your cabana if you happen to know which one you want and it's available. One advantage of dealing with a person instead of reserving online.

Let us know if you get to pick your cabana because it appears they are first come, first served no matter how you reserve. I would definitely pick #11 (small) or #1 (large). Both are great locations. I have had both in the past. :)

Let us know if you get to pick your cabana because it appears they are first come, first served no matter how you reserve. I would definitely pick #11 (small) or #1 (large). Both are great locations. I have had both in the past. :)

I will definitely make note of it and will mention it in my review if I don't make it back to this thread. I suspect that when we board we will have a document outlining our reservation and our cabana assignment.

I will definitely make note of it and will mention it in my review if I don't make it back to this thread. I suspect that when we board we will have a document outlining our reservation and our cabana assignment.

Did you call to request a certain cabana? You will have the confirmation with the Cabana number assigned as soon as you get to your cabin/suite. We did both times.

Did you call to request a certain cabana? You will have the confirmation with the Cabana number assigned as soon as you get to your cabin/suite. We did both times.

We reserved it online. Next time we'll call once we know the lay out and which ones suit us best.

We're trying to decide between renting a small cabana for our 7/5 sailing vs. just getting a clam shell. It's me, DH, and DD who is 6-years old. The small cabana is $299 for our sailing. I know my daughter will want to spend her time in the water at the shoreline and she's very excited about trying the hippo slide. Can anyone share any insight about the proximity of slide to the cabanas? I love the idea of a cabana, but if it's not convenient to the activities that we plan to do, then it may not be worth the money. Any advice would be appreciated!

We're trying to decide between renting a small cabana for our 7/5 sailing vs. just getting a clam shell. It's me, DH, and DD who is 6-years old. The small cabana is $299 for our sailing. I know my daughter will want to spend her time in the water at the shoreline and she's very excited about trying the hippo slide. Can anyone share any insight about the proximity of slide to the cabanas? I love the idea of a cabana, but if it's not convenient to the activities that we plan to do, then it may not be worth the money. Any advice would be appreciated!

I'm on a 7/5 sailing, too! NCL Gem! What about you?

As far as the Hippo Slide...it's VERY far from the small cabanas. Heck, it's very far from the large cabanas! The small cabanas are further than the large cabanas.

I'm on a 7/5 sailing, too! NCL Gem! What about you?

As far as the Hippo Slide...it's VERY far from the small cabanas. Heck, it's very far from the large cabanas! The small cabanas are further than the large cabanas.

Yep! We're on the gem also! Thanks for the feedback! Right now I'm leaning toward a clam shell. But as we get closer, if they're still available, I may change my mind.

Glad to hear someone else is on the July 5th cruise. Looks like there's a lot of open cabins and the roll call is dead! We've already taken advantage of one price drop. We're looking forward to a slow, relaxing week!

Yep! We're on the gem also! Thanks for the feedback! Right now I'm leaning toward a clam shell. But as we get closer, if they're still available, I may change my mind.

Glad to hear someone else is on the July 5th cruise. Looks like there's a lot of open cabins and the roll call is dead! We've already taken advantage of one price drop. We're looking forward to a slow, relaxing week!

I have to go check out the Roll Call thread! And keep looking for price drops (even though we booked through CAS). I just booked this cruuse the other day. It will only be hubby and I...the kids will be away at camp!

WE just got back from sailing on the Breakaway. They had a shuttle that would take you to the cabanas, lagoon, etc. The lagoon area has food, bar, bathrooms, etc. The shuttle was a 3 minute ride! We could see the cabanas from the lagoon area.

WE just got back from sailing on the Breakaway. They had a shuttle that would take you to the cabanas, lagoon, etc. The lagoon area has food, bar, bathrooms, etc. The shuttle was a 3 minute ride! We could see the cabanas from the lagoon area.

Thanks for the info.

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Never Forget September 11, 2001