Are cabanas worth it on GSC??

Pete69

They are worth twice as much! 2 weeks ago we were there and we took 2 .

1 large and 1 small they are over by the Lagoon and worth Every penny!

your away from the main beach witch was Packed and you get Sever's for each Cabana, food and drinks brought right to your cabana,

The BBQ at the end of the Canbans was the best Ribs we have had in a long time, No crowds, shade all day, Stocked refrige with Water, lounge chairs, Floats,

The only thing that is missing is a USB port for some music.

Other then getting passes to the Vibe, Best thing bought all week.

Glad to hear that they have a shuttle to take us to the cabanas:)

Thanks everyone for their feedback - anyone got any pictures

The shuttle:

P1030290.JPG

The lagoon:

P1030281.JPG

View from first small cabana, Cabana 11:

P1030265.JPG

The shuttle:

P1030290.JPG

The lagoon:

P1030281.JPG

View from first small cabana, Cabana 11:

P1030265.JPG

Thanks so much for the pictures! The more I read, the more I begin to change my mind and I think we will rent a small cabana. Even if it takes a short walk to get to the slide, over the entire day I think I will appreciate a nice cool place to kick back and relax with some privacy. Mother's Day is coming up, seems like now would be a good time to hit my husband up for it!

We "inherited" a clamshell one time at GSC. A couple were heading back to the ship and asked us if we wanted to use theirs. We said "Sure! Thanks!"

That clamshell was hot! After sitting there for awhile, I couldn't take it any more. No breeze. So, live and learn. We had tried to book one on the ship but they were sold out. If you don't mind paying for it, I would book a cabana.

• 3 weeks later...
I have heard that they are and will have first hand knowledge in a couple of weeks.:)

Back to say that yes, I thought the cabana was worth it. The grill by the lagoon is only open when the Breakaway is using GSC. They do have beach towels in the cabana. We had cabana 20 (small) and it was just right.

Agree that the Hippo slide is verrrry far from the small cabanas. The clamshells are not very big-- 2 lounge chairs. The beach closest to the slide and by far the best swimming beach is the beach near the Barcardi Bar. That beach has the smoothest sand, less limestone rock.

If you are going to rent a clamshell look for one with "air vents"... The dark blue cloth can get hot and the vents do allow some airflow.

They also come with 4 floating mats and water as well. Towels were available but we were told to bring our own just in case.

Our friends rented a small, I think for 199 with 50 food credit. It was nice, my wife liked it but I would only consider for a bigger party size.

The buffet was still a trek imho. There were beach chairs available so not sure why that side of the island was do empty early. Oh and the plus was priority tender...

Edited by xcell

Back to say that yes, I thought the cabana was worth it. The grill by the lagoon is only open when the Breakaway is using GSC. They do have beach towels in the cabana. We had cabana 20 (small) and it was just right.

Welcome back Sparks! Would you rent a large cabana for any reason other than location or size or is the small one just fine for two?

Welcome back Sparks! Would you rent a large cabana for any reason other than location or size or is the small one just fine for two?

Thanks! You have to climb stairs to get to the large cabanas so I would stick with the small one. There were four of us and it wasn't cramped at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thanks for coming back for the follow-up here and also thanks for the great review on the Gem. We're on for July 5th and have been waiting to here reviews from this years Bahamas itinerary. I read your review to my husband this afternoon over dinner! He likes to hear about the food and I like to hear about the entertainment!

Between your review and the comments here I think we will rent a small cabana. Did you reserve in advance or did you book it onboard? There are still small cabanas available for our cruise. We have a lot of OBC and I'm thinking of taking my chances and trying to book onboard to burn through some OBC.

Edited by ksmcali

Thanks for coming back for the follow-up here and also thanks for the great review on the Gem. We're on for July 5th and have been waiting to here reviews from this years Bahamas itinerary. I read your review to my husband this afternoon over dinner! He likes to hear about the food and I like to hear about the entertainment!

Between your review and the comments here I think we will rent a small cabana. Did you reserve in advance or did you book it onboard? There are still small cabanas available for our cruise. We have a lot of OBC and I'm thinking of taking my chances and trying to book onboard to burn through some OBC.

We booked it online about 90 days prior. I have heard that they only sell a certain percentage of excursions online and save some to sell onboard but didn't think to ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

We've gone ahead and booked a large cabana for our family of 8 + 1 child. Does anyone know where to find a CURRENT map/layout of the GSC island. So far I've only found old, or outdated maps. Also, is it possible to specifically request a cabana # thru shore excursions desk?? Thanks.