Upgrade fairy......or witch?

Al54

The upgrade fairy visited me today for the first time in my (already long) cruiser's life. I have been upgraded from P1 to Q6, on QM2. Nothing to complain about, of course, and I'm very grateful, but I feel a little bit anxious about my cabin location :

1) I had choosen a midship P1 and my Q6 is totally forward : any experience about very unpleasant nights because of pitching? (Cruising in Norway)

2) My cabin is very close to the Commodore club : should I expect a lot of noise at night?

3) Having some breathing problems, I'm also worrying about Churchill cigar bar proximity.

If any of you already stayed in those cabins (deck 9 forward) I would appreciate your advice.

Al54 --- In answer to your query about a cabin on 9 Deck Forward near the Commodore Club on the Queen Mary 2. I have been on the port side near Commodore Club piano entrance on a number of occasions and have never had any problem with motion, etc. that those in midships wouldn't also have been experiencing. This is, of course, not close to the Churchill Cigar Lounge which is on the starboard side, so I have no idea if those "over there" could smell the roses. Oftentimes, I wish I could feel more motion on the QM2! A proper salad needs a little tossing.

Bon Voyage!

The upgrade fairy visited me today for the first time in my (already long) cruiser's life. I have been upgraded from P1 to Q6, on QM2. Nothing to complain about, of course, and I'm very grateful, but I feel a little bit anxious about my cabin location :

1) I had choosen a midship P1 and my Q6 is totally forward : any experience about very unpleasant nights because of pitching? (Cruising in Norway)No, no, no. Even during a December, 2012, Atlantic storm the pitching was no more than interesting. In fact, the only reason QM2 pitches at all is to give folks a socially acceptable reason for staggering when leaving one of the bars.

2) My cabin is very close to the Commodore club : should I expect a lot of noise at night? People don't go to the Commodore Club to make noise.

3) Having some breathing problems, I'm also worrying about Churchill cigar bar proximity.Because of the exhaust fans within Churchill's it maintains a slightly negative atmospheric pressure so no smoke escapes the room.

If any of you already stayed in those cabins (deck 9 forward) I would appreciate your advice.

9017 was our most forward Deck 9 cabin and that's closer to the B stairs than to the A stairs; but still, no problem with any excessive motion. Enjoy your Q6, bon voyage!

The cigar room has an isolated ventilation system according to the ship's designer.

If you are very apprehensive about the location perhaps you might call Cunard and ask for your old stateroom back?

Thanks a lot to all of you for your quick and humorous answers : I really feel better and I'm sure I 'll enjoy this cruise.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Forums

1) I had choosen a midship P1 and my Q6 is totally forward : any experience about very unpleasant nights because of pitching? (Cruising in Norway)

2) My cabin is very close to the Commodore club : should I expect a lot of noise at night?

3) Having some breathing problems, I'm also worrying about Churchill cigar bar proximity.

We were in 9002 (the most forward cabin) returning to New York from the Caribbean through a Force 10 gale for two days and my martini was as steady as a rock. Also much to my surprise you couldn't smell the cigars.

Get a copy of the deck plans, call Cunard and ask them if a different cabin within the upgrade category is available.

I've done this numerous times, with upgrades and guaranteed bookings whenever I was assigned a cabin not to my liking. The staff in California have always been very polite and accommodating.

Less than the ship's performance in high seas, I would be much more concerned with the proximity to Churchill's, noise from the Commodore Club, and hallway traffic to and from this popular lounge.

This said, if they are not able to move you, then keep your upgrade. Others who have been located in this area have had minimal issues.

Good luck & enjoy your cruise.

we were in 9009 on our late 2010 trip. You should have no problems at all. There's no nouse whatsoever from Commodore Club, which was a concern for us as well. We also had no smoke issues at all from Churchills Lounge. We traveled back to NYC during a pretty wild Noreaster coming up the coast. You could feel some up & down motion, but that was about it. Do remember, you have butler service & be sure to request whatever you need.

We've had 9013 on a couple of voyages and found it fine. The cabin did creak quite a lot during heavy seas but not a problem with movement really.

Just remember, it's a long way to walk to the Grills lounge and the restaurant so take comfortable shoes. Enjoy the upgrade.