baggallini bags - TJ Maxx

I run in whenever I can to check out bags - my TJMaxx had several styles and colors of the baggallini bags today. I'm holding out for the right red bag - but they had several other colors and different styles. Maybe I just hit the right shipment day but if anyone is looking - check it out.

Just bought a nice teal blue bag from TJMAXX for 24.99! I can't find a picture of it, so no doubt it's an older style, but I don't care! I love the small bags for travel. I don't want to be the sherpa and bringing a small bag makes it easier to just bring what I need. This one however is more of a medium size....I'm still saying no to carrying stuff!:rolleyes: It's still very lightweight!

I get the ebags daily special emails and in the past month, they've had a lot of baggalini choices. I don't know the regular price vs ebags vs TJ Maxx, but they might have more color/style choices online if you're looking for something specific.

I get the ebags daily special emails and in the past month, they've had a lot of baggalini choices. I don't know the regular price vs ebags vs TJ Maxx, but they might have more color/style choices online if you're looking for something specific.

I'll have to check that out - I have time to be picky and I want the 'right red' bag - well, crimson to be precise!

My TJMaxx must get all the cast offs from other TJMaxx stores. I've yet to find anything that I'd remotely buy there. I keep hearing of great buys and stuff, but I see nothing but junk. The closest thing to anything decent was the LeSportsac that my store had the other week. Nothing in the clothes area, no name brands I recognized. If I needed some cheap jewelry, I guess I could find something there, but outside of that, it's a bust for me. :(

Yep, I don't love my closest TJ Maxx (or Marshalls, for that matter) but I don't care enough to drive further away to a bigger city to find one that might be nicer. Not with the online options these days - it's not worth my time. If I have another trip planned and it's nearby, I might stop in.

My TJ Maxx seems to have better bag than clothing choices, go figure. But "better" is relative and depends on what you're looking for, I guess;)

We only have one TJMaxx but it usually has a great assortment of bags of all prices. Some too much $$ even on sale IMO! I have found Sherpani bags in addition to Baggallinis. I rarely go to Marshall's but the several Ross stores around vary greatly according to clientele's suburb, perceived ethnicity or size, closeness to a campus or even retirement areas. They seem to make an effort to appeal to who's going to be shopping most. I tend to go in any when I'm near one, just to check it out for different items.

I found the perfect (for me) black Baggallini in Marshall's a few years ago. I can't kill that bag! Just the right size, a few pockets and a nice zip top. I remember looking at the price tag more than once as it was so moderately priced I thought it had to be an error. :)

• 2 weeks later...
My TJMaxx must get all the cast offs from other TJMaxx stores. I've yet to find anything that I'd remotely buy there. I keep hearing of great buys and stuff, but I see nothing but junk. :(

Exactly how I feel about the TJMaxx where I live. I keep thinking it will change and have some decent stuff, but no such luck. It is disappointing.

• 1 month later...

I went in to my TJ Maxx on Thursday to get soap and they had a ton of baggalini crossbodies - in the travel section, with suitcases, not on the purse racks. They also had loads of Coach crossbodies, and Tumi totes - but no Tumi crossbodies, which is what I was (only sort of) looking for ;-)

Edited by Hoyaheel

Got a blue Bagallini at Ross this past week , love it. I got another one about a month ago and what is great about them both is I can fit my Kindle Fire in them, and they take little or no room in my suitcase. Love these bags

Cori

I went in to my TJ Maxx on Thursday to get soap and they had a ton of baggalini crossbodies - in the travel section, with suitcases, not on the purse racks. They also had loads of Coach crossbodies, and Tumi totes - but no Tumi crossbodies, which is what I was (only sort of) looking for ;-)

That's where they were in mine. I was searching for one that would hold a water bottle as well as my other stuff -- found one a Voyager Crossbody that must be discontinued. A bargain at $30…

I run in whenever I can to check out bags - my TJMaxx had several styles and colors of the baggallini bags today. I'm holding out for the right red bag - but they had several other colors and different styles. Maybe I just hit the right shipment day but if anyone is looking - check it out.

I've noticed that also. My last two trips to TJ's I've seen tons of different colors and styles of Baggalinis. I love them. I've got several of them and one of them I totally wore until it fell apart! I love them for travel or when I'm walking on the beach or dressed sporty. In a pinch, I once needed a bag for evening and didn't want to use the purse that I had brought with me. I took the strap off of a small, black Baggalini I had brought with me and put a rhinestone pin on it...worked like a charm for the MDR. I used it as a small clutch. The mix of the rhinestone pin and the large silver zippers on the bag made it kind of cute and funky at the same time.:D

My TJMaxx must get all the cast offs from other TJMaxx stores. I've yet to find anything that I'd remotely buy there. I keep hearing of great buys and stuff, but I see nothing but junk. The closest thing to anything decent was the LeSportsac that my store had the other week. Nothing in the clothes area, no name brands I recognized. If I needed some cheap jewelry, I guess I could find something there, but outside of that, it's a bust for me. :(

Sorry to hear that. At the TJs where I shop, they have a whole section that is nothing but designer clothing. And I'm referring to high end designers. There is always a nice selection of Michael Kors items for example. He's one of my all time favorite designers so needless to say I snap up his stuff. I have bought many of his blouses, handbags, scarves, gloves, swimsuits, sunglasses, and belts as I find them at TJs and Marshalls. They also have lots of Lucky Brand items. I've lately seen a lot of Coach, Gucci, and Valentino items there, for example. I love TJ Maxx because it's such a great mix of high end and inexpensive merchandise. It's also great for trendy stuff. I just love the place...to the point that I'm there so much that whenever one of my BFFs calls the house the DH (who works from home) tells them..."She's at the office." LOL!

I used to think that maybe these high end items were "seconds" or something like that. But one of my BFFs used to work in the corporate offices as a Buyer for TJs and she told me that no way are the goods "damaged goods" or "irregular". They are mostly overstock from big name stores like Barneys, Macys, etc. or possibly last season's styles. She proved to be correct because I remember many years ago I was at Barneys in New York and saw a great Gwen Stephani (sp?) bag that I was dying for but it cost $114. I didn't want to pay that much for a sporty, little bag. When I got back home to CA just days later and went to my local TJs...I found the same exact bag for $40. So I knew the BFF was right on. TjJ was selling the same bag for way less money, at exactly the same time it was being sold for way more at Barney's. And, it had no defects whatsoever! Gotta love that! :)

Edited by mousey

I love TJ Maxx. The stores in my area don't have the designer boutiques, but they regularly carry Bellini bags and the moderate designers like Michael Kors, Calvin Klein, Cynthia Rowly, Franko Sarto, and Ralph Lauren.

Going through my closet today, I found two Baggallini cross body bags, one in black,the other in light brown. One hasn't even been used. These are bigger than I usually need but don't have the heart to get rid of them. What can I say, I like handbags. Because I'm small I do prefer a smaller bag.

For those that live in Canada, Derek Alexander has a variety of sizes. These can be picked up for a good price when the Bay has a sale.

Sent from my iPad using Forums