Stroller in Europe?

Erwende

We are going to Paris and London before our 12 night med cruise.

We have a 6 y/o boy who may get tired of walking. Has anyone purchased a cheap stroller in those two cities before? What store?

I can't imagine ANY 6 year old that would succumb to a stroller! No matter HOW tired!!! I can definitely understand that a 6 year old may be bored, but not ever tired enough to get in baby transport!

There's this place in Paris.

www.2kids1bag.com

You can google "stroller rental in London" and some places come up. It's been a while since my kids were little but....I don't know if you can get a stroller that would accommodate a 6 year old. You might just have to take a lot of breaks or scale down your walking tours.

I used a stroller for one of my daughters for sightseeing until she was 7, and I still wish we had it sometimes so we could keep going when she can't. I think it's a great idea to have a plan in place. If it were me, I'd probably just go ahead and bring a second-hand stroller with good wheels (MacLaren worked well for us in Europe) and then you can leave it in your last port if you find you don't want it for the flight back. I found it useful to have in airports for the long walk to immigration after a flight where there can also be a long wait with a really tired kid.

But I look forward to seeing if anyone answers your question about a place to buy one in those cities. Could be helpful information for others.

Best,

Mia

You aren't going to need one. I took my son to Paris when he was 7 years old and he walked all over like a champ. We did everything- climbed up to the first level of the Eiffel Tower, etc. etc. He thought Paris was fantastic. He especially loved swimming in the reflecting pool by the Eiffel Tower- with many other kids and little dogs. Just set reasonable expectations for your child. We walked to the parks and he went on little amusement rides. He never complained. We did the hop-on-hop off bus to cover more ground but he was up for the walking because it is an exciting city- day and night.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain