A few questions about Bermuda...

Kroozen

I'll be sailing to Bermuda on Friday, and I just have a few questions...

1. What is the best way to get to the Swizzle Inn from St. George? Is there a bus route near by? If so, should I go back to St. George afterward and take a ferry back to the Dockyard, or is it easier to go into Hamilton and catch the ferry there? I'm not too interested in the sites of Hamilton, so if I went there, it would just be to catch the ferry.

2. I didn't make it to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse last time I was there, and I would like to check it out. What's the best way to get there? On the first day, I plan on just staying in the Dockyard area since we don't dock until 3pm. On the 2nd day, I would like to go to St. George, Alexandria's Battery & Swizzle Inn. On the 3rd day, I'd like to go to Horseshoe bay, and maybe walk the beach path. The ship leaves at 6pm, so I'd like to be back to the ship no later than 4pm. What day should I go to the lighthouse?

3. Has anyone gone to the night time party/festival at Snorkel Park? I'm considering going there on the first day, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth it.

THANKS! I can't wait to be back in Bermuda!

1. Take the #1, 3, 10 or 11 bus from St. George's to the Swizzle Inn. As far as the return trip is concerned, I would make the decision based on the time of day you want to return to the ship and the ferry schedule. There are relatively few runs on the Orange Route ferry that runs between St. George's and Dockyard and more runs on the Blue Route ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard.

2. Take the #7 bus from Dockyard to the lighthouse. Visit it on the same day you're going to Horseshoe Bay (your last day) because the lighthouse is in the same general area as the South Shore beaches .

3. Haven't been to the party at Snorkel Park, so I can't provide any advice.

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Gibbs Hill Light House is closed. This is a photo posted today. It was scheduled to reopen on April 1, but is still scaffolded.

Can you keep us posted? I'm not on FB.

Thank you in advance.

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Gibbs Hill Light House is closed. This is a photo posted today. It was scheduled to reopen on April 1, but is still scaffolded.

ouch..thats disappointing...any ideas if that work will be finish by when i arrive in bermuda next month :(

We are planning a trip to St. George to see the sights, dunking of the wench, and Tobacco Bay, then over to Swizzle Inn as well. Trying to figure out timing and the best way back to the dockyard, too.

I hope Gibbs will be open by June 10th!!

We are planning a trip to St. George to see the sights, dunking of the wench, and Tobacco Bay, then over to Swizzle Inn as well. Trying to figure out timing and the best way back to the dockyard, too.

I hope Gibbs will be open by June 10th!!

You'll be arriving on the Dawn on 6/8, and departing on 6/10, correct?

Since the ferry to St George does not run on weekends, 6/8 is a Sunday, then I suggest you visit SG on Monday. Since the first ferry for SG departs the Dockyard at 9:15AM, make every effort to be on that one because the next one isn't until 11:15AM.

Once you are in SG, you'll have to schedule your day around the Wench Ducking that occurs at noon.

Since the last ferry from SG to the Dockyard is at 2:15PM, making for a short day, I would plan on busing to the Swizzle Inn. Buses for routes #'s 1,3,10, or 11, will all get you there. After SI, board the first inbound bus (routes #'s 1,3,10, or 11) to go to Hamilton where you would return to the Dockyard by ferry.

SBtS

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like that would work fine. Thought the two of us could manage with just one 15-ticket bus/ferry booklet, but if I add up all the ferry and bus rides for our activities planned, I come up with 22. Looks like we'll have to spring for the 3-day passes instead.

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like that would work fine. Thought the two of us could manage with just one 15-ticket bus/ferry booklet, but if I add up all the ferry and bus rides for our activities planned, I come up with 22. Looks like we'll have to spring for the 3-day passes instead.

Two books of tickets cost $60. Two 3 day passes cost $70. Buy the two ticket books and save the unused tickets for your next trip (one trip to Bermuda is never enough!).

Or, buy one ticket book for $30, 7 tokens for $28...total cost $58.