master chef cruise

vols_159

Actually, it's not a charter - it's a group cruise. Because I'm on that sailing, as a plain old person, I checked with LifeJourneys to see how big their group might be. They told me between 800 and 900, so they are definitely looking to be a large group. However, I watch their website (in case I decide to switch cruises) and I noticed they are still making a special offer for the first 100 to make a deposit.

I have high hopes that the group will not be so large as to detract from my cruise. :)

Edited by GmaPajama

Actually, it's not a charter - it's a group cruise. Because I'm on that sailing, as a plain old person,
The link posted by the OP says "IN ORDER TO ATTEND THIS EVENT ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST MAKE CRUISE AND EVENT RESERVATIONS THROUGH LIFE JOURNEYS" but apparently you didn't. How does the price you paid compare to what they are quoting? Edited by catl331

The link posted by the OP says "IN ORDER TO ATTEND THIS EVENT ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST MAKE CRUISE AND EVENT RESERVATIONS THROUGH LIFE JOURNEYS" but apparently you didn't. How does the price you paid compare to what they are quoting?

I'm in a Neptune Suite - it would have cost me another $1,800 to buy through the group. I'm really (really, really) hoping their group ends up just large enough to amuse us, but not large enough to make much of an impact. My dates aren't very flexible this time, but i can switch ships if I decide the group is just TOO much.

Edited to add: That's $1800 per person!

Edited by GmaPajama

Donna

I hope for your sake that it doesn't turn into a large group of 800 - 900 people.

Have you called HAL to see how many have booked so far?

I hope so too, KK! I didn't call Seattle, as I don't think they'll know anything this early ... except that the group has a hold on a certain number of cabins. Maybe when the time gets closer.

Has anyone ever heard of rudi sodamin other than his connection with Hal :D?

He was executive chef on the QE2 prior to taking the HAL position.

I'm in a Neptune Suite - it would have cost me another $1,800 to buy through the group. I'm really (really, really) hoping their group ends up just large enough to amuse us, but not large enough to make much of an impact. My dates aren't very flexible this time, but i can switch ships if I decide the group is just TOO much.

Edited to add: That's $1800 per person!

WOW -- that is really steep.

Vice President Food and Beverage, Corporate Chef for Cunard from 1987 - 1998.

He was also the Director, Culinary Operation, Master Chef of RCI from 1998 -2005.

Thanks! That's way more thorough than what I had.