1/2 off Deal Problem

Normally the price quoted for the category selected is the same as the price on the Summary of Charges screen.

In looking at cruises for 1/2 off the second person, the above doesn't seem to apply.

As an example, a Feb 6, 2015 on the Enchantment shows the Panoramic OV cabin to be $291.50 pp but the summary of charges shows the price to be $389 pp from which the 50% off is taken from one person.

I tried different dates but got the same results.

Am I doing something wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong, they are just showing the per person cost on the front screen, AFTER applying the 50% discount.

Edited by uksimonusa

Normally the price quoted for the category selected is the same as the price on the Summary of Charges screen.

In looking at cruises for 1/2 off the second person, the above doesn't seem to apply.

As an example, a Feb 6, 2015 on the Enchantment shows the Panoramic OV cabin to be $291.50 pp but the summary of charges shows the price to be $389 pp from which the 50% off is taken from one person.

It looks right to me. The system is already showing the effect of the discount on the first screen by showing the average price per person, after the discount. When you show the details, then you can see the original price and the half-off second guest price.

As is posted on many threads already this is how it works. The initial price you see is the averaged price with the BOGOHO applied. When you look at the summary you will see the individual prices.

291.50 x 2 = 583.

389 + 1/2 389 = 583.50

The 389 is what it should be per person ie normal price would be 389 x 2 which is 778 so the saving is just short of $200 which is correct

As is posted on many threads already this is how it works. The initial price you see is the averaged price with the BOGOHO applied. When you look at the summary you will see the individual prices.

And unfortunately, it is something that we will all have to get used to, since that is the way all of their prices will show up if you are a C&A member and are logged on when you check bookings. When they did they did the last "upgrade" to their booking engine, it now automatically applies any discounts you are entitled to on the opening screen in the p/p price. It can get a bit tricky if you are entitled to a senior/military/resident rate on a particular cruise, since their "sales" often aren't combinable with these rates. That slowed us down with the BOGO sale, since the three cruises we wanted to re-price all had a restricted rate flag, and we had to walk through the list with the C&A rep to make sure that none of those were valid.

And unfortunately, it is something that we will all have to get used to, since that is the way all of their prices will show up if you are a C&A member and are logged on when you check bookings. When they did they did the last "upgrade" to their booking engine, it now automatically applies any discounts you are entitled to on the opening screen in the p/p price.

This only happens if you are logged into the RCL web site when you look at prices. To keep is simple, I research prices only when I am LOGGED OFF the web site. Much easier to see if their is a new discount available.