Text/cell service?

taffy12

I'm cruising on the Carnival Sunshine next month to Aruba, Curacao, and Grand Turk. Is there anywhere along the way to send a few texts without exorbitant charges? I have AT&T, if that makes a difference...and I don't have a smart phone.

I have AT&T and was just looking at my most recent bill including the activity from my March cruise. I paid .50 for each text I sent and the texts sent to me were free. I received texts while at sea and while in all the ports. I spent $12.50 on a call while I was in Dominica, so in total I spent $25.50. When I wasn't using the phone I powered it off and put it away in the safe. I sent and received texts from my daughter every day. I had nothing extra added to my plan, just the usual. It wasn't that expensive and it was well worth the piece of mind. This method is far cheaper for me than using the internet and it's real time, not waiting for a e-mail that I may not see for a day or two. Don't be afraid. Be sensible and you'll spend less than if you were using the internet. Bon voyage!