55% price drop but my OTA can't do anything about!

you mean PVP and I agree 100% but in the case of the OP it would not have made any difference

I mean book directly with a Carnival PVP or with a TA. And it wouldn't have made a difference in this case because the OP didn't book early saver

This is just another reason why you NEVER book with a third party. Always book with a TA or directly with Carnival

I'll actually not book with a TA again unless things are done differently next time around. My TA wouldn't book ES. Not that we will be due anything in spa cabins, because they are already sold out, but the principle behind it irritated me anyway. It would have saved me a considerable amount of money doing ES with 2 cabins and 5 pax!

I'll actually not book with a TA again unless things are done differently next time around. My TA wouldn't book ES. Not that we will be due anything in spa cabins, because they are already sold out, but the principle behind it irritated me anyway. It would have saved me a considerable amount of money doing ES with 2 cabins and 5 pax!

You need a new TA. They should book under the rate that you want

So frustrating ! Sailing in a couple days, and the prices on my interior cabin has gone down 55% - but my online travel agent can't offer me on board credit, upgrade or anything else. Carnival won't talk to me. Any ideas on how I can get a better room, or something that won't make me feel like I payed double the price of everyone else around me? :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Sorry you are upset but as many have said you really aren't entitled to a price drop. What I would do is call the online TA back and ask them what it would cost to upgrade to a Oceanview or Balcony cabin. You may be able to upgrade for very little or maybe with no additional money.

In the future if you book in advance you can see if Early Saver is available. Be aware though that there are booking restrictions on it. I couldn't book it for my upcoming cruise because at the time I wasn't sure if the 3rd person would be able to go with us, may need to cancel, etc. I just wasn't able to lock myself in. That rate doesn't work well if you need to make changes to your booking. I would also suggest booking directly with the cruise line. That will allow you to speak directly with them about your booking.

This happened to me but a little different. I had paid double because I was solo, but just prior to sailing, bingo, the supplement was dropped. I could get no refund because my cruise was paid in full. I was however given an OV to replace the porthole cabin at no extra charge. This is no help to the OP except to tell about what can be done by booking directly with Carnival.

It seems like his agent could try to get him an upgrade at minimal to no extra charge.

This is just another reason why you NEVER book with a third party. Always book with a TA or directly with Carnival

Why don't you consider a TA to be a third party. Party 1 is the customer, Party 2 is the vendor. ANY middle man would be a third party whether they are a brick and mortar TA or an online TA.

This happened to me but a little different. I had paid double because I was solo, but just prior to sailing, bingo, the supplement was dropped. I could get no refund because my cruise was paid in full. I was however given an OV to replace the porthole cabin at no extra charge. This is no help to the OP except to tell about what can be done by booking directly with Carnival.

It seems like his agent could try to get him an upgrade at minimal to no extra charge.

So you weren't booked ES? I just got my solo supplement dropped yesterday on my cruise next Sunday and I now have $448 OBC. I was booked ES.

No it wasn't Early Saver, so should I just ask at embarkation what they can do? I'm sure there is some trick to this that I'm missing because I'm such a newbie.....

Only way you can get a price drop this close is if you booked early saver. There's no trick. It's how you booked. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Why don't you consider a TA to be a third party. Party 1 is the customer, Party 2 is the vendor. ANY middle man would be a third party whether they are a brick and mortar TA or an online TA.

Yep, I was thinking the exact same thing. Anything other than booking directly with Carnival is a 3rd Party whether it be online or in person.

So frustrating ! Sailing in a couple days, and the prices on my interior cabin has gone down 55% - but my online travel agent can't offer me on board credit, upgrade or anything else. Carnival won't talk to me. Any ideas on how I can get a better room, or something that won't make me feel like I payed double the price of everyone else around me? :)

This happened to me once a few years ago but I was booked direct with the cruise line!

It still makes me mad when I think about it! how can they offer the same cruise to others at less than half what I paid:mad:

What was worse was the amount of cruisers I met who were so happy about the ultra cheap cruise they got.:(

You may just clock this up to experience and book Early Saver next time or like me realise that cabin prices are over inflated to start with and all the huge price drop claims and OBC claims are just people getting a bit of their overcharged amount back;)

It's always a good measure to book direct or with a TA. Because then you always have someone who you can call

What makes you think that you can't call an online TA? Not only can you call them, but there is someone available 24/7. Or you can leave a message for the specific TA you booked with and wait for them to call you back, just like a regular TA.

I know how you feel. I am a single an always had to pay double. Now carnival has no single supplements on some of their fares. So some couples are now getting 2 rooms for more space. I am afraid they will ruin it for us soon.

Subtract the current cost of the cruise into the cost you paid. (Be sure it is for the same type of cabin) The difference is what you paid for the lesson you just learned.

We always go through our PVP. I would try the upgrade move as mentioned earlier. But you will have to do it through your agent.

Next cruise use Carnival when booking.

Welcome to the boards, sorry for your frustrations and have fun on your cruise vacation!

I mean book directly with a Carnival PVP or with a TA. And it wouldn't have made a difference in this case because the OP didn't book early saver

Yes, wrigley means a TA that is a human, not a big huge online booking agency that takes your order for your vacation and doesn't care after the fact...

Yes, wrigley means a TA that is a human, not a big huge online booking agency that takes your order for your vacation and doesn't care after the fact...

Well at least one person understands what I was trying to say.

Has anyone else noticed that the OP mentions they are only a couple of days away from sailing?

Even under early saver, doesn't it only give you price matches up to 2 days prior to the sail date?

The rate they are looking at is probably a last minute, take what cabin is left over, give-away price (great for those who live near the port and for whom vacation time isn't a problem).

And few people will be taking advantage of that price so it's not like she'll be surrounded by people paying half of what she did.