55% price drop but my OTA can't do anything about!

So frustrating ! Sailing in a couple days, and the prices on my interior cabin has gone down 55% - but my online travel agent can't offer me on board credit, upgrade or anything else. Carnival won't talk to me. Any ideas on how I can get a better room, or something that won't make me feel like I payed double the price of everyone else around me? :)

Depends on the rate you booked, if it is Early Saver, you are due an OBC. Try calling your OTA, and asking them to three way (conference) call you with Carnival cruise lines, then you can speak to Carnival directly.

Other booking rates may not allow for OBC.

Good luck

No it wasn't Early Saver, so should I just ask at embarkation what they can do? I'm sure there is some trick to this that I'm missing because I'm such a newbie.....

It won't do anything to talk with someone at embarkation, if you aren't booked early saver you aren't due anything.

No it wasn't Early Saver, so should I just ask at embarkation what they can do? I'm sure there is some trick to this that I'm missing because I'm such a newbie.....

It won't do you any good. Quit checking prices and enjoy your cruise. That is the perk of booking Early Saver. You didn't, so they don't owe you anything. I don't mean to sound harsh, but chalk it up to a learning experience and move on. They won't give you anything so no sense in beating a dead horse.

Next time book directly with Carnival and/or book far enough ahead to get Early Saver Rate.

since it wasn't early saver you are not eligible for a reduction after final payment. you can ask at embarkation but they will tell you the same. no trick to it. the price drop doesn't apply to the rate you booked.

You are not missing any trick. If you didn't book ES, you are not entitled to any price drops after final payment.

I would ask for an upgrade. We booked directly with Carnival, about 2-3 months, before our cruise. A few weeks before our departure there was a price drop. We upgraded from an interior to an outside cabin for about $20 additional.

This is just another reason why you NEVER book with a third party. Always book with a TA or directly with Carnival

Didn't he already book with a TA since he said the Carnival would not speak to him.

So frustrating ! Sailing in a couple days, and the prices on my interior cabin has gone down 55% - but my online travel agent can't offer me on board credit, upgrade or anything else. Carnival won't talk to me. Any ideas on how I can get a better room, or something that won't make me feel like I payed double the price of everyone else around me? :)

Do you know what rate code you were booked into? Are there simply no available cabins? Is it past the date where they can add or book rooms? (Being two days out that can happen).

Once you board, if you couldn't get anywhere before, go ask if they have upgrades available. Someone may have either cancelled last minute, or was a no-show.

Enjoy your cruise regardless. Good luck! :D

This is just another reason why you NEVER book with a third party. Always book with a TA or directly with Carnival

This issue has nothing to do with who the OP booked with.

This issue has nothing to do with who the OP booked with.

Yes it does. He said Carnival won't speak with him. If he would have booked directly with Carnival they would assist him or if he booked with a TA they can assist you.

Yes it does. He said Carnival won't speak with him. If he would have booked directly with Carnival they would assist him or if he booked with a TA they can assist you.

Carnival won't talk to you if you book through a TA (which is what they did). I think you're confusing them with a PVP.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Carnival won't talk to you if you book through a TA (which is what they did). I think you're confusing them with a PVP.

I'm a TA and that's not true. Carnival will speak with you but you have to go through the TA to make changes

I'm a TA and that's not true. Carnival will speak with you but you have to go through the TA to make changes

Not as a customer. Been there, done that too many times. They won't tell you anything and they refer you right back to your TA. One of the reasons I don't use one anymore.

thats right... if the OP booked with Carnival directly, they could have told the OP that there is nothing they can do just like the TA told the OP. :rolleyes:

thats right... if the OP booked with Carnival directly, they could have told the OP that there is nothing they can do just like the TA told the OP. :rolleyes:

It's always a good measure to book direct or with a TA. Because then you always have someone who you can call

You know, a 3 way call sounds like a good plan. Maybe they will give you an upgrade IF you are willing to shell out a little more money say to getting an outside or even balcony cabin. Sounds crazy I know but Carnival is always willing to upsell... But, as others have said, this may just be one of those live and learn moments especially if you are new to cruising. I really hope it doesn't turn you off to cruising because it is the best thing ever. Next time, book directly with Carnival. Best of luck!

Edited by dljones

It's always a good measure to book direct or with a TA. Because then you always have someone who you can call

you mean PVP and I agree 100% but in the case of the OP it would not have made any difference