Countdown Begins!!!

48 days til we are in France! Wahoo.

Mom also said she talked to the Regent representative who actually booked our cruise and she swears up and down that our account says Free Wifi and $300 OBC. Moms gonna try to talk to Grandpa and see if he pull the original invoice to confirm.

I guess I will have to talk Grandpa into a spa treatment for himself. Or something in the boutique for himself. Lol!

A massage would be good for him. If he is hesitant, just book a back and neck massage or a men's facial.

I will go with your countdown as we are right ahead of you. I will definitely be ready for a vacation as my office is converting to a new computer system next week.

sarah, I am so glad you get free wi-fi! That way, you can post to all of us from onboard. We simply must continue with this Odyssey! Agree, a back and neck massage would be great for grandpa!

Edited by jhp

Got my documents yesterday, so you should get yours next week. That is super exciting because it makes it real.

That's exciting Rachel!!! Mmmm maybe I should call gramps and reinstate our Tues night $6 movie and Panera dinner date for next week. Those go by the wayside when I'm in school and I happen to have a 1 week break next week!

Question - I've looked up temps for Mediterranean but do you or anybody else have a gauge for what it generally feels like there in June??? I'm from DC so I'm used to 80-100 degree days with like 10000% humidity. Hehe

Also - is it generally cold on the ship? Meh I'll bring a ton of cardigans and jackets bc I'm always cold when the AC is blasting. (My space heater is on year round in my office but I should note that the office AC comes on alllll winter long - it's annoying)

It should be warm, but not hot like Oklahoma. I usually bring sundresses, capris, and walking shorts. I do not find it cool on the ship, and I am usually the person who is freezing. I would bring one neutral wrap or jacket that could go over your evening wear just in case though.

We're on the cruise prior to yours and hoping for good weather too! In the Western Med in June it should be fine weather and around 70-80F and not at all humid but it can occasionally be cloudy/rainy (even thunderstorms) and then the temp drops to 60-70F and the humidity will increase.

Basically in the Med, the further south you go the warmer it gets and the further east, the drier - but like all generalisations that's not always reliable.

DW can find CR a little cool but it's fine for me ;)

Have a great cruise - I'm sure you'll love the Mariner! :)

Another question........

I experienced this on my last cruise, we missed our Belize port due to rough choppy waters...(Though, I often wonder if maybe the port was too full :mad: and they just said that as an excuse - Belize was the reason we took that particular itinerary)

Does this situation happen often in Mediterranean?

I haven't been on many cruises, but I know it can happen, and I'm fully prepared, and I told Grandpa not to be shocked if it happens :cool:

It happens, port authorities closed Santorini due to weather expected later in the day....

Make lemonaid out lemons, I called and booked a Spa appt and enjoyed the ship....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Another question........

I experienced this on my last cruise, we missed our Belize port due to rough choppy waters...(Though, I often wonder if maybe the port was too full :mad: and they just said that as an excuse - Belize was the reason we took that particular itinerary)

Does this situation happen often in Mediterranean?

Well, in our 3 Med cruises, we have missed ports at least 3 times. This was only where tenders were required - Regent properly errs on the side of caution in the process of transferring pax (some of limited mobility) to a small boat in choppy seas. Sometimes an alternative (docking) port was found, sometimes we were able to enjoy the great pleasure of a day on board without feeling guilty about missing an excursion ;)

In three or four Med. cruises, we have not missed a port. We typically sail in mid to late May or October. Missed ports is pretty much to be expected and when it happens, it is great to have the attitude that nana541 does.

... sometimes we were able to enjoy the great pleasure of a day on board without feeling guilty about missing an excursion ;)

TC I hope you didn't misunderstand this - we do lazy love days on board! :)

TC I hope you didn't misunderstand this - we do lazy love days on board! :)

So do we -- not a big fan of port intensive itineraries (although the first segment of our next cruise is 12 consecutive port days -- I plan on inventing at least one sea day:-)

So do we -- not a big fan of port intensive itineraries (although the first segment of our next cruise is 12 consecutive port days -- I plan on inventing at least one sea day:-)

And on our 'every day a different port' itinerary, we will be (not) visiting 4 ports we have been to before - naughty us! ;)

OMG you are going to need a vacation from the vacation !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Rarin to go, hope to meet you onboard.

In too numerous to count med cruises, the only port we have missed was Marseilles because of bus drivers strike. So we got an extra day in Monte Carlo, and took excursions driven by Italian bus drivers!

Had dinner w/ gramps last night since I have a 1 week break from school. We discussed excursions and as a I suspected we needed to switch to some less walking ones - I was expecting this because mom had forewarned me.

So I emailed TA and we are set to go on all the excursions, except one we are waitlisted for. Hopefully by the time we board the ship they will let us into the excursion.

getting excited.

Sara, I've been to the med many times, and have had tenders cancelled before, but not in the ones you are going to. Santorini stands out, always a huge disappointment. My motto is don't fret about that which you can't change. They can always turn around the schedule onboard to give you a great "sea day" when this happens.

As for temps in the Compass Rose, lately I have found that it is not as chilly in there as it used to be. Just bring a light wrap, or buy one from the many open air markets you will see on your travels. Personal comfort onboard varies with each of us in different temps.

I am so excited to hear from you on boarding and whenever you have the chance. I think we all are!

• 2 weeks later...

Few clothes/attire questions:

Can I get away with wedges with my dresses for dinners (as opposed to heels)???

Can I get away with like white or dark blue denim skinny ankle pants, wedges and a fancy shirt for dinner? (right now I have 8 dresses packed for dinners, so I'm unsure if I will bring pants...)

It is really hard to trying to pack for my 10yr college reunion, followed directly by 5 days at the beach. followed by Mediterranean cruise. :D:cool: