???? regarding laundrette

DocJohnB

I understand they have launderette's on some HAL ships. I am cruising on the Veendam and see they have one basically outside my stateroom.

What is the cost? For washing? For drying? Coin or paper cash?

Thanks.

Used it a few times in the past - Remember $2 wash $1 dry - if I am wrong, someone will jump in with newest prices. Coins are quarters which you can get at front desk. They have special soap to use. Just bring dryer sheets.

Also, there is an ironing board and steam iron for touch-ups.

Just a suggestion - I have gotten lazier lately on cruises, and find the $20 by the bag a good deal. You can stuff a lot in there, and it all comes back pressed and folded in about a day. Or you can have unlimited for $7 a day. These charges are per cabin not per person.

I just got off the N. Amsterdam and the $20 bag now costs $30!

Were you in Europe or the Carib..Understand that on European cruises the bag is more..

In any case, I used to do my own on board, however after spending hours doing laundry I've been sending laundry out in the bag...It's worth it to me to be able to spend our sea days on deck rather than in the laundry.. Of course I never send anything delicate or special out..

Edited by serendipity1499

If the laundry area is very close to your room, you might find it very convenient and you do have control over how your wash is done. Check the front of those dryers. Socks hide in there!

I was in Europe on the N.Amsterdam last month when I noticed the price of $30 per bag for the first time-I believe last year in Europe it was $20 on the Rotterdam but we used the self serve laundry on that ship. A couple of my items did get over heated and ruined in the dryers-the ship did compensate me however with an OBC to purchase new clothing.