Classic Beverage Package - Simple Question

Mermen

Hey Celebrity family...just a quick question for those who have tried the beverage packages. This is going to be our first time with the package.

We were going to swap our Bev. Package promo for the cabin credit of $300 but too late, as =X= took the promo down...for now at least. Thought it would be easier to just buy a bar set-up for our cabin.

So here's my question, and please, no hate or flame :o

I understand the rules of the package, for the most part and the price limitations. So if I am picking up a cocktail to take back to our cabin, for a pre-dinner drink let's say, am I permitted to ask for a double? So a "cranberry and vodka with a double shot please?" I'm not going to present my card and do tequila shots at the bar, LOL, but just a double drink? Or is that not permitted?

Thanks in advance!

It is permitted to take drinks back to your room. Whether the double shot exceeds the allowed price point will depend, in part, on what kind of liquor you ask for. Just ask the bartender's advice to make sure you stay within the alloted price point when you order.

As others have said you're limited to drinks up to $8. If you order a drink that exceeds that amount you will be charged the entire cost. Let's say the drink you order is $9: You will be charged $9, not just the $1 difference. Rules are different with the Premium package where you only pay the difference. You might think about upgradeing if you tend to prefer more expensive drinks. Drinks up to $13 are covered in the Premium package.

Can I please ask a simple question?

Will the classic package cover a glass of wine such as pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc or will it only cover house wines ?

If it does cover is it just a small glass?

We had the drinks package included for the first time on our cruise in April, any cocktails that we wanted were included, the wine was poured at dinner freely and good quality we did just request Merlot or Pinot Grigio we were not asking for any particular brand.

Nothing was too much trouble for any of bar staff, and the wait staff in the Ocean View Cafe were always happy to get any drinks we wanted, including Lattes and fresh orange in the morning.

The best bit was not having to sign any receipts.

The wine waiter at dinner also always brought my husband his after dinner Baileys every night without fail.

Enjoy.

Slightly related question : :o

If we upgrade to Premium from Classic while still in US port will we have to pay tax on the upgrade?

I'm only asking because they're reporting on the Princess board that currently if you buy a drink while still in port (Florida, California and Hawaii) you will pay tax on that drink.

Can I please ask a simple question?

Will the classic package cover a glass of wine such as pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc or will it only cover house wines ?

If it does cover is it just a small glass?

I don't think they have any "house wines".

One size glass only. At dinner they will keep pouring so no problems with quantity.

I enjoyed the wines covered in the classic package.

The pours were reasonable so really no need for a double especially since you can go back later for another:D. It was our first time with the package, upgraded to the premium because we wanted the better wines at dinner. Well worth it.

Having a beverage package meant we spent more time 'out' and less time on our balcony. Still, a lovely cruise.

If we upgrade to Premium from Classic while still in US port will we have to pay tax on the upgrade?

I'm only asking because they're reporting on the Princess board that currently if you buy a drink while still in port (Florida, California and Hawaii) you will pay tax on that drink.

Hummmmm?

We did not on the Reflection last Nov.

Hey Celebrity family...just a quick question for those who have tried the beverage packages. This is going to be our first time with the package.

We were going to swap our Bev. Package promo for the cabin credit of $300 but too late, as =X= took the promo down...for now at least. Thought it would be easier to just buy a bar set-up for our cabin.

I understand the rules of the package, for the most part and the price limitations. So if I am picking up a cocktail to take back to our cabin, for a pre-dinner drink let's say, am I permitted to ask for a double? So a "cranberry and vodka with a double shot please?" I'm not going to present my card and do tequila shots at the bar, LOL, but just a double drink? Or is that not permitted?

Thanks in advance!

You are permitted to bring two bottles of wine (per stateroom) onboard with you. This won't help with your vodka cocktail, but if you drink wine at all, it is nice to have a couple of bottles of wine in your stateroom.

That is interesting. We had lunch on embarkation day in the Bistro on Five. Tax was applied since we were still in New Jersey.

Upgrade your drinks package before you go. Just call X and do the upgrade over the phone.

I have a LOT of OBC and am going to use that to pay for the upgrade. If we do it in advance it goes on the charge card.

I have a LOT of OBC and am going to use that to pay for the upgrade. If we do it in advance it goes on the charge card.

We're going to be upgrading our promo drinks package also :)

Thanks in advance!

Hi Gary,

Long time no see!!

If you have the basic package then a double will possibly be above the price limit. Might be worth upgrading to the premium package. If you take the two cards then you can get two drinks.

I see you are back cruising the Med, we are off to The Baltic this June then trying a Cunard cruise from New York to the UK.

Hope all is good with you both.

Jo

I'd try the drink anyway before asking for a double, the bar staff on Infinity always found it amusing when my mum had to ask for a weaker G&T because the ones she was served were too strong :D I know you've cruised with Celebrity before but as you well know everyone makes their drinks different, so you might not need the extra :)

Edited by ginaRAWR

Hi Gary,

Long time no see!!

If you have the basic package then a double will possibly be above the price limit. Might be worth upgrading to the premium package. If you take the two cards then you can get two drinks.

I see you are back cruising the Med, we are off to The Baltic this June then trying a Cunard cruise from New York to the UK.

Hope all is good with you both.

Jo

Howdy Jo! Nice to connect once again! Thanks for the tip on the package. I think I would upgrade mine to the premium, just because of the wine selection alone (only 1 Chardonnay on the Classic I see) but Rowell seems happy with the list. :) You answered my next question, on whether or not either of us were permitted to bring the other's card to grab his cocktail. Thanks!

Yes, back to the Med, with different ports this time around. You will have a great time in the Baltic. That definitely remains one of our top 3 cruises. Have a wonderful cruise and hope to sail once again with the Frost Family! Cheers! :)

Edited by Mermen

I'd try the drink anyway before asking for a double, the bar staff on Infinity always found it amusing when my mum had to ask for a weaker G&T because the ones she was served were too strong :D I know you've cruised with Celebrity before but as you well know everyone makes their drinks different, so you might not need the extra :)

Great point, Gina. Thank you! I think I will try it first, and yes have found this to be true!

I would probably just start out at a bar further away from my stateroom and order my vodka/cranberry cocktail and then stop at a bar closer to my room and order the extra shot and then put the double cocktail together once back to my cabin.

I would probably just start out at a bar further away from my stateroom and order my vodka/cranberry cocktail and then stop at a bar closer to my room and order the extra shot and then put the double cocktail together once back to my cabin.

Now that is a great plan!

Brilliant!