Last-minute booking on Zuidy

drco

Hello,

Right now, for 3 passengers, there is a special fare for Holland America. The sailing is to Alaska on May 24th. I was checking the available cabins (VA verada) and there are more than 10 cabins available.

Do you think I should wait a few more days in case the price goes down or should I book it now?

I am happy with the price now but since there are still a lot of available cabins, I have a feeling that the price might go down some more.

Any thoughts?

I know no one can know if they will increase/decrease the price but maybe some of you will have an inkling based on past experience? :)

Thanks!

Hello,

Right now, for 3 passengers, there is a special fare for Holland America. The sailing is to Alaska on May 24th. I was checking the available cabins (VA verada) and there are more than 10 cabins available.

Do you think I should wait a few more days in case the price goes down or should I book it now?

I am happy with the price now but since there are still a lot of available cabins, I have a feeling that the price might go down some more.

Any thoughts?

I know no one can know if they will increase/decrease the price but maybe some of you will have an inkling based on past experience? :)

Thanks!

I have no right answer for you. If it's a good price I would book it. The reason I say that is that if the sailing is the 24th the ship could have a lot of guarantees that still need to be assigned. At some stage they have to close off sales and start doing that.

On the other hand, there could be another price drop, but those already booked might also be requesting rooms?

Whatever you do, have a great cruise :D

I was in a similar situation once with a Neptune Suite on the Nordam. Almost all were empty, so I didn't book. Next thing I know the Neptune Suites are sold out ... almost overnight. (No, there was not a price drop.) It was a fabulous 21 day cruise - and we missed it because we "thought" for sure there would be a price drop. I suspect they sold those cabins to Signature Suite guests for a bargain.

"If" you are comfortable with the current pricing - I would certainly consider booking it now.

Edited by Linda&Vern

We often book in the final payment window. We are currently watching Alaska fares for the summer and Med cruises in Sept/Oct.

Forget trying to get the lowest price. It will drive you crazy and you will miss out of some cruises that you want to experience.

Understand the pricing across a few cruise lines. Then understand how low pricing has gone on some cruises prior to yours.

Set a price that is good for you. When it hits, book it. Be prepared to be flexible on cabin assignment.

In the interim, if you need air, gain an understanding of pricing/routes so that you don't get stuck with low cruise and high air.

We often book in the final payment window. We are currently watching Alaska fares for the summer and Med cruises in Sept/Oct.

Forget trying to get the lowest price. It will drive you crazy and you will miss out of some cruises that you want to experience.

Understand the pricing across a few cruise lines. Then understand how low pricing has gone on some cruises prior to yours.

Set a price that is good for you. When it hits, book it. Be prepared to be flexible on cabin assignment.

In the interim, if you need air, gain an understanding of pricing/routes so that you don't get stuck with low cruise and high air.

That's really good advice. 4 of us are booked already and there are some family members who wanted to join last minute. We are in Vancouver so can afford to do the last minute booking since we don't have to book air/hotel.

I think the price is really attractive but the news about the noro outbreak is giving them pause with booking. It's their first time cruising hence the apprehension.

They have also been blowing out Zaandam verandahs. Not certain if this is still the case. HAL seems to have more than it's fair share of noro.

We really only need a days notice to get to Vancouver but the reality the closest that we have ever booked to departure is four days.

Edited by iancal

I booked the Zuiderdam last week for May 17. Booked a VH guarantee and got my room assignment yesterday. Got bumped up to a VA.

So if they stay consistent, you know guarantees will start being assigned at least by Monday if not sooner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I booked the Zuiderdam last week for May 17. Booked a VH guarantee and got my room assignment yesterday. Got bumped up to a VA.

So if they stay consistent, you know guarantees will start being assigned at least by Monday if not sooner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the date. That helps. And congrats on being bumped up to VA. :)