All inclusives with the best liquor selection

Steftacular

I've been to Mr sanchos before and had a blast! Now going back to coz and the bf wants something nicer. Based on what I read I suggested nachi but don't know what the liquor selection is like. The bf just got back from a fancy Cancun resort where the bottom shelf whiskey was glenlivet. Now he's spoiled and wants to make sure we don't go somewhere with water downed well liquor. Can any one attest for the selection at nachi or have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One X using Forums mobile app

Never tried the whiskey there - but the tequilla, beer selection and frozen drinks have all been good during my visits, although there might have been some bad ice in that 12th margarita that made me feel a little off. :o

Liquor in Nachi was not good quality. I saw some of the labels when they were making drinks and thought WTH was that????? Margaritas were marginal @ best. DD ordered a Dirty Monkey that I'd heard so much about. Ick. Sweet and icky.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

We are not particular but I do not think you will find any high end liquor in any of the beach resorts in Cozumel..We are going to Playa Del Carmen in a week to an AI and opted for a premium room which supposedly has the high end booze, so we shall see..

• 2 weeks later...

Try one of the resorts for a day... They should definitely carry top shelf liquor. Cozumel Palace or the Melia resort have been mentioned. I'm researching them now so I'll post again with more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by trixiegal

Try one of the resorts for a day... They should definitely carry top shelf liquor. Cozumel Palace or the Melia resort have been mentioned. I'm researching them now so I'll post again with more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Probably best bet, IMO. But be aware that some longer stay AI type resorts have limited options available for day pass guests. Varies by resort so research as carefully as you can and on review sites, skip most of the reviews from longer staying guests and try to get reviews from people who had day passes. Even most of these will not get into detail on bar setups or menus.

You can also try contacting the resort directly to see if they can provide you with a bar menu and what liquors are used in house drinks and what are premium. But remember, there's little difference in Blanco tequilas going into margaritas; by the second one you can't tell. And there are good tequilas out there that don't cost the arm and a leg you'd pay for a Don Julio or such. Sipping single malts in the sun during the day isn't my ideal thought of a good drink for the moment. But good quality gin and vodka would be in order for cocktails more suitable for a sunny day at the beach.

Most beach resorts in Mexico, and especially on Coz, don't have American beers and certainly no American craft beers, and rarely offer any of the Mexican craft beers (distribution isn't country wide). Many only get distribution for one or the other of the two big beer producers in Mexico, so there again, choices are limited.