Eastern or Western Caribbean in January?

jules815

We're from Chicago, so anything will feel better to us in January.

My daughter and I are looking at a 5 night on Liberty, and a few others. I know you can never predict the weather, but which itinerary has a better chance of warmer weather in January, or would it be about the same?

I'm thinking western, only because when we did a short cruise out of Miami a few years ago, it was very chilly there, and even in Key West, and that was early March. It didn't get warmer until we made it to Cozumel.

Some pretty good deals on the ones going to Belize or Costa Maya, along with Cozumel. We've been to both Belize and Costa Maya in June, and it was sweltering hot!

I did an Eastern itinerary in the beginning of February on the Freedom and CoCo Cay water was a little chilly but everywhere else was in the 80's. Wonderful time of year. Did a Western itinerary over New Years and it may have been a bit warmer but not by much. I am from the south and like my warm weather. Either one is a good choice.

Been to cocoa cay a few times...water is never warm.

eastern is fun if you've only been once.

recommend western and check out resort stays for a great vaca.

hilton rose hall/jamaica--mr sanchos/cozumel

We did an Eastern in January 2013 on Carnival. The weather was perfect for us! High 70s to mid 80s all week. It was extremely humid in Nassau and San Juan, but in the other ports there wasn't much humidity. It did get a bit chilly on the ship at night though. I wished I would have brought a sweater or long sleeves for watching the movie outside.