MDR Menu Room Service

Stratheden

Sorry if this is a stupid question but if you don't ask .........

If we want to order from the MDR Menu to eat in my cabin - can we order earlier in the afternoon to be delivered at a later time or do we have to order only when the MDR is open.

On the Zuiderdam in Alaska last year I tried to order Room Service for 1/2 hour but the phone was never answered. Just rang and rang.

I was hoping to order in advance on our next sailing, during the afternoon, for deliver later in the evening.

On the Zuiderdam in Alaska last year I tried to order Room Service for 1/2 hour but the phone was never answered. Just rang and rang.

I was hoping to order in advance on our next sailing, during the afternoon, for deliver later in the evening.

I believe that you have to order it in the first half our the MDR is open but it can be delivered later on. I hope someone will confirm. The only way you might be able to order it ahead is if you are in a Neptune suite and that would be a maybe.

I believe that you have to order it in the first half our the MDR is open but it can be delivered later on. I hope someone will confirm. The only way you might be able to order it ahead is if you are in a Neptune suite and that would be a maybe.

We ordered pretty early in the afternoon from the Neptune concierge. I'm not sure if he just waited until it was closer to downtown service time or not.

This is my understanding.

Perhaps POA has a point. He may have placed the order earlier with the Concierge who waited until later in the day to tell the Dining Room.

Last year on the Prinsendam we ordered room service from the MDR on several occasions, mostly formal nights.We rang about 30 -40 minutes before we wanted to eat and it always arrived in that time .Very easy and we were not in a suite.

Richard.

So - for non-Neptune passengers who have done this - did you have to order when the MDR was open and could you specifiy a later time for delivery?

Yes -- non Neptune passengers can order once the dining room is open and specify any time they want their dinner served.

On some ships you have to place your dinner order within 1/2 hour of the dining room opening.

Other ships it is 1 hour after the dining room opens.

For a while the Noordam said that you couldn't place dinner orders until 6 PM -- that may have been changed by now.

So it is best to check with the dining room manager as to the rules for the ship that you are on.

When you turn in your dinner order to the concierges, they place the order at the appropriate time.

Thanks. I kind of thought so. We had dinner parties for 6 on some of our cruises. We ordered early in the afternoon as soon as we received the menus. It was very nice, full service with two waiters. This was in the PS. I imagine six people and two servers would be a little tight elsewhere.

Yes -- non Neptune passengers can order once the dining room is open and specify any time they want their dinner served.

Specify any time you want dinner served but it has to be during regular service hours in MDR. You cannot ask for it to be delivered at a time when the MDR is closed.

Thanks. I kind of thought so. We had dinner parties for 6 on some of our cruises. We ordered early in the afternoon as soon as we received the menus. It was very nice, full service with two waiters. This was in the PS. I imagine six people and two servers would be a little tight elsewhere.

On the westy the menus were in my mail box at 6:30am. That is really early, even for me.

On the westy the menus were in my mail box at 6:30am. That is really early, even for me.

That's impressive. You could plan your whole day while you ate breakfast.

That's impressive. You could plan your whole day while you ate breakfast.

You must know me:D. Usually I had to take a little peak before I left for breakfast just in case I had to bulk up because of a so so menu:D;):p.

Ask one of the DRMs to have a dinner menu deliverd to your cabin on a daily basis if you're not in a Neptune or higher.

Phone in your order 1/2 hour prior to the dining room opening.

We cruised on the Maasdam April 11 - 22 and knew we weren't going to have dinner in the MDR on one of the nights and our stewart was nice enough to give us a copy of the next night's menu. I ordered around 5 p.m. for delivery at 7 p.m. or so. It was great. BTW, we were on A deck, and had outstanding service.