Fans available for room?

ImNotSure

I do not believe they have any to offer. I would bring a small one, or an app for a device that simulates fan noise.

I'm a light sleeper and sleep with a fan every night, should we bring our own box fans or small fans? Or do they have some available on the ship?

thanks!

On our first cruise back in 2004, we tried to bring one of those really small desk fans and they confiscated it at the security point before boarding (fire hazard they said). So be warned that they might take it from you at boarding time.

Last April on the Sapphire Princess, our interior room was very warm the first day or two and after a multiple attempts by the repair people, they claimed it was working fine, but it was still too warm for my wife. After talking to the passenger services desk, they offered to deliver a fan to our room, which we gladly accepted. They brought a box fan, which was kind of large (large for our little interior cabin), but we put it on top of the writing desk and let it blow on our bed for the remainder of the cruise. My wife was thrilled to have the fan and it made a difference in the temperature.

Princess may or may not allow you to bring one onboard.

Several years ago some friends purchased one in Ft Lauderdale to take onboard, which they tried to do ... and it was still in the carton ... and it was not allowed. They confiscated it, saying it could be a safety hazzard, but would would be returned to them at disembarkation time. I don't know if they ever did get it back.

However, the crew was able to provide them with a fan to use during the cruise.

I have brought a fan on all my cruises. Some battery operated and some plug in. Never had an issue. They may want to inspect your extension cord if you bring one, however.

Called Princess and they gave us an okay on the fans!

Doesn't really matter if by calling Princess you got an okay to bring on a fan. As you know from reading these boards......all of us know much more than the reps who answer the phone at Princess. The person who answered the phone and told you that, really has NO idea if it will be allowed on your specific ship. It will depend on what happens on the ship when you board. We had our fan taken away for the reason of "saftey hazard'. It was a small desktop one as well. Never bothered to take one again.

Edited by whatcruiseisnext

If mainly what you want is the sound from a fan try a travel size white noise machine from Brookstone or Sharper Image. It also comes with a clock, radio, and several other settings. Uses batteries or plug. I never travel without one.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Forums mobile app

My wife has brought her plug-in 6 inch fan on all of our 22 Princess Cruises and it has never been confiscated. I think that is ridiculous. No more dangerous than a hair dryer (and hers is the size of a small leaf blower). We bring an extension cord as well, in case room configuration does not allow the fan cord to reach the sole outlet in the cabin by the phone (we run it under the bed to her nightstand). Over 20 years, I have learned to sleep even though our bed is like an airport tarmac.:eek:

Doesn't really matter if by calling Princess you got an okay to bring on a fan. As you know from reading these boards......all of us know much more than the reps who answer the phone at Princess. The person who answered the phone and told you that, really has NO idea if it will be allowed on your specific ship. It will depend on what happens on the ship when you board. We had our fan taken away for the reason of "saftey hazard'. It was a small desktop one as well. Never bothered to take one again.

actually I didn't know I'm fairly new.

but thank you for telling me.

We will risk it and hope for the best, thanks everyone.