Darwin Hop On Hop Off

Hi --

Am interested in taking a hop on hop off tour in Darwin. One of the hop on hop off tour stops is Fort Hill Wharf where my ship, the Volendam, is scheduled to dock.

Has anyone had experience with this tour? They offer a 60 minute round trip and a 90 minute round trip.

Where in the dock area, do I connect with this tour?

Thank you,

ZU

When we were there on the Radiance, a ship excursion was offered for the Hop. On, Off bus. We purchased our excursion tickets onboard Radiance and the bus came to pick up and drop off at the cruise terminal. If this is not available or if you want to check out the mall first, you can walk or catch a ship shuttle to nearby the main pickup point near the mall. The top level was very hot in the sun - take hat, water and sunscreen. Also a plastic rain poncho or umbrella - a storm came from nowhere and it pelted down but only for 30 minutes or so. We did the tour around firstly and then spent our time at the military museum - very interesting re the bombing of Darwin in WW2. Then also at the museum and art gallery. Check out info on their website as well.

You could walk into town and go to the tourist information centre. All the tours leave from close to there. It takes 20 minutes at an easy pace from the wharf to the centre of town and is all on level ground if you walk across the park and take the elevator. Don't follow the road.

Directions - When you leave the cruise terminal walk to the right along the causeway. After about 200 metres, walk across the floating bridge on your left, then past the swimming lagoon. Walk diagonally to your right to the corner of the building where you will see a glass elevator. Take that to the fourth floor then walk out and across the street and up one flight of stairs. If you can't do that one flight of stairs there is an elevator that will take you up. It is on the right just before the street that you have to cross. At the top of the stairs, cross the road and walk about 100m to the tourist info centre.

Have a great cruise.

Erewhon and zorrosuncle

The information Aus Traveller has given is excellent.

I live in Darwin. It is very easy to find the Hop on hop off bus. I would just walk up to the information centre at the top of town. At the moment there is a ticket booth on the corner outside the info centre, you can't miss it.

Darwin city centre is not very big, so a walk around town is very doable.

I would also recommend the military museum if you are interested in War history. The park land (East point) where the military museum is, is also a lovely, place to walk with great view over the ocean. Take plenty of water.

The Darwin museum is also a good place to visit, has a cafe for refreshments.

I will check back here soon to see if I can be of assistance.

Rhonda.