Need help in Victoria.

xbatt8

If you live in (or are very familiar with) Victoria, I am hoping that you can help me find a place.

6 years ago we were in Victoria for a short stop on a cruise. We made our way to Chinatown (corner of Fisgard and Government). We then walked no more than a couple of blocks and found a pub where we could get halibut fish and chips. This pub also boasted hundreds of different brands of rum. Behind the bar were rows of what looked like library shelves filled with liquor. Best fish and chips I've ever had (and they were even buy one - get one free that day).

I seem to remember that the street it was on was on an incline with the pub being at the top maybe - but I could be mistaken about that.

Does this place sound familiar to anyone? Would love to go there again when we visit in June.

I am going to cross post this in the Canada forum as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob

My first thought was Canoe Brew Pub. It is down an incline, near the water, though it's been awhile since I've been inside to remember if there were lots of liquor bottles on the wall. But, it's mainly known for it's beers rather than rum.

Do you remember if you sat outside? They have a patio area that looks out over the water.

The other possibility is likely Chandler's Seafood, which was a couple of blocks from Canoe Brew Pub. Unfortunately, it's no longer there.

Hi Bob: We've eaten at the Canoe Brew Pub. We ate outside overlooking the water but never went inside. Enjoyed it very much, but it was 12 years ago.

Have fun cruising to Alaska. The scenery is absolutely amazing. Hello to Marty.

Diana