Ben and jerry's "sweet" question

So, I know this cabin gets 2 daily free ice cream coupons and concierge lounge access... does that mean you get a gold card? Do you have access to other suite privileges as well, reserved seating areas, cabana access, etc?

Thanks for the info

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

So, I know this cabin gets 2 daily free ice cream coupons and concierge lounge access... does that mean you get a gold card? Do you have access to other suite privileges as well, reserved seating areas, cabana access, etc?

Thanks for the info

No gold card, just the ice cream coupons and access to the CL.

I so enjoyed your Explorer review…that's the next cruise in January.

But we have booked the Freedom in Nov and I actually have the "sweet" for that cruise and pretty excited. I am glad you asked these questions as I have seen answers yes and no to all. Also, I think some things depend on which ship?

No gold card, just the ice cream coupons and access to the CL.

Interesting. I wonder how they arrange that access without providing a gold card... it's not like the old days when there was a separate access card for the cl, now everything is on your seapass... I guess they could code a blue card to grant access... or is there a special seapass for the b&j sweet??

I so enjoyed your Explorer review…that's the next cruise in January.

But we have booked the Freedom in Nov and I actually have the "sweet" for that cruise and pretty excited. I am glad you asked these questions as I have seen answers yes and no to all. Also' date=' I think some things depend on which ship?[/quote']

Thanks, glad you liked it... look out for another on the two-week repo in November!!

Hmmm... I'm curious to find the answer about gold card access directly from rci, I have a call in to a cvp there to ask about it... I'll be d+ by this cruise, so I'll have cl access anyway (although it will be nice to have for my non-d+ roomie)... just wondering about those other gold card perks...

Thanks for the info

We had booked the Ben and Jerry Sweet for December 2015 on the Liberty when it came to Galveston. But we gave it up and hopefully can get it back. I have a feeling that the closer it gets to the Liberty coming to Galveston the better deals we'll get; lower prices, OBCs, etc. And since deals are usually for new bookings only we decided to give it up and take our chances that it will be available then.

Interesting. I wonder how they arrange that access without providing a gold card... it's not like the old days when there was a separate access card for the cl, now everything is on your seapass... I guess they could code a blue card to grant access... or is there a special seapass for the b&j sweet??

No special SeaPass, they just code the card to open the CL, just like they do for D+ members in non-suite staterooms.

Of course they can code a blue card - D+ members can access the CL just fine with one and don't get other "gold card" privileges.

Would you mind posting what you find out, please? We are not D+ and actually booked this cruise and cabin as this is what we needed for Diamond. We usually book balcony, but I'm on a mission and this was the cheapest way to do it. I know you don't really drink, but we do and I liked that perk. The ice cream, eh, ok. lol

I will anxiously await your November review. We are on a 9 day (Explorer) and first time ever, JS. All part of the plan.;)

We had booked the Ben and Jerry Sweet for December 2015 on the Liberty when it came to Galveston. But we gave it up and hopefully can get it back. I have a feeling that the closer it gets to the Liberty coming to Galveston the better deals we'll get; lower prices, OBCs, etc. And since deals are usually for new bookings only we decided to give it up and take our chances that it will be available then.

Do you think you can get a better deal than what's going on now?

We had the "Sweet" several years ago on Liberty, and when we got into the cabin there was a nice little folder that explained everything you were entitled to. There where 2 coupons for the ice cream with 1 check box for each day. There where 2 White Key Cards that said they were to be used for access to the CL and other Suite Guest area's in the Main Theater, Studio B and on the Pool Deck. No other amenities were offered.

I hope that helps! we enjoyed staying in the Sweet and would do it again if we can tear ourselves away from the Oasis and Allure.

While we are on the subject of the B & J Suite (and not to hijack this thread :o)....what ships have one and what are their cabin numbers? TY!

Freedom, Liberty and Independence and it is Cabin 6305 on all 3!

While we are on the subject of the B & J Suite (and not to hijack this thread :o)....what ships have one and what are their cabin numbers? TY!

Freedom, Liberty, and Independence. All the same stateroom number 6305.

Right, answered my own question below... d+ has cl access, with or without gold card (suite/pinnacle). Sigh.

[ATTACH]311962[/ATTACH]

This is the card from Freedom. It was in the room package. It was a hassle to carry 2 cards so I went to guest services to get my room card re coded.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hmmm... sure looks like a gold card to me!!

[ATTACH]311962[/ATTACH]

This is the card from Freedom. It was in the room package. It was a hassle to carry 2 cards so I went to guest services to get my room card re coded.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How long ago was that? Do you have pictures from the. Freedom cabin? I've seen the other 2 ships.