Breakaway 12 day Southern Carribean

Is this a new itinerary? I'm considering booking this for January or February 2015.

The 12 day cruise is not new....don't know if the itinerary you are looking at is different than ours was in Jan 2014 since you didn't provide that info..

The 12 day cruise is not new....don't know if the itinerary you are looking at is different than ours was in Jan 2014 since you didn't provide that info..

I'm looking at the 12-day southern caribbean

New York, San Juan, St. Thomas (USVI), Philipsburg (St. Maarten), Castries (St. Lucia), Bridgetown (Barbados), Basseterre (St. Kitts) and then back to NYC

It would be DH and I and our 4 year old daughter.

We did this itinerary on the Breakaway a few months ago....Jan. 5, 2014. Loved it! It broke up the winter beautifully.

Hi Studebaker59,

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I am also looking at the 12 day Southern January or February 2015 and was wondering how full your cruise seemed? I am hoping for some more significant price drops between now and then...but also don't want to wait too long and risk missing one.

New York, San Juan, St. Thomas (USVI), Philipsburg (St. Maarten), Castries (St. Lucia), Bridgetown (Barbados), Basseterre (St. Kitts) and then back to NYC

That is the itinerary we did on the Breakaway Jan 5, 2014 (same as Studebaker59). It was awesome although we were exhausted after 6 days with 6 different ports. We did almost full day tours in St Lucia & St Kitts because we had not been there before. We were ready for the sea days. I highly recommend this itinerary. (I think they are dropping St Maarten for Tortola eventually that's why I wasn't sure which you were doing.)

Edited by peg013

Hi Studebaker59,

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I am also looking at the 12 day Southern January or February 2015 and was wondering how full your cruise seemed? I am hoping for some more significant price drops between now and then...but also don't want to wait too long and risk missing one.

Not a hijack great question I'm also curious about when to book this trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a hijack great question I'm also curious about when to book this trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sparkygirl,

Actually I have already seen some price drops (we are looking at balconies) for the two January cruises....something along the lines of balconies going from around $1900.00 down to around $1500.00 pp There has been a lot of threads lately discussing that many people are waiting to book as long as possible to get better rates. (there is a risk though) I *think* balconies in January 2014 went down to somewhere close to $1,000.00 about a month to 6 weeks before sailing..but I could be wrong about that.

I am hoping they will offer this again in 2016 - It looks great!! Right now they are offering a shorter version in 2016 without St.Lucia, Barbados and St Kitts. I am just going to watch and wait - I do have plenty of time:rolleyes:

Hi Sparkygirl,

Actually I have already seen some price drops (we are looking at balconies) for the two January cruises....something along the lines of balconies going from around $1900.00 down to around $1500.00 pp There has been a lot of threads lately discussing that many people are waiting to book as long as possible to get better rates. (there is a risk though) I *think* balconies in January 2014 went down to somewhere close to $1,000.00 about a month to 6 weeks before sailing..but I could be wrong about that.

Jan 5-17 2014 sailing

BX dropped to 1049

BB-BD dropped to 1099

BA dropped to 1169

Family balconyies around 1179-1199

B1 Afts 2049

Spas to 1949.

Hope that helps

Jan 5-17 2014 sailing

BX dropped to 1049

BB-BD dropped to 1099

BA dropped to 1169

Family balconyies around 1179-1199

B1 Afts 2049

Spas to 1949.

Hope that helps

Thank you iimmie that actually does help a lot! :)

Do you recall approximately how long before sailing that rates dropped to those amounts?

I am hoping they will offer this again in 2016 - It looks great!! Right now they are offering a shorter version in 2016 without St.Lucia, Barbados and St Kitts. I am just going to watch and wait - I do have plenty of time:rolleyes:

Hi TSUmom

Actually I think there are 3 Breakaway 12 day sailings listed in January 2016 with the following:

Day Land Tours and Cruise Ports Arrive Depart

Sun New York (EMBARK) --- 4:00 pm

Mon At Sea --- ---

Tue At Sea --- ---

Wed San Juan 3:00 pm 10:00 pm

Thu St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Fri Tortola, British Virgin Islands 7:00 am 2:30 pm

Sat Castries, St. Lucia 9:00 am 7:00 pm

Sun Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Mon Basseterre, St. Kitts 9:00 am 6:00 pm

Tue At Sea --- ---

Wed At Sea --- ---

Thu At Sea --- ---

Fri New York (DISEMBARK) 8:00 am ---

(Actual days might differ put I copied and pasted one)

Edited by Red-Sol

Hi TSUmom

Actually I think there are 3 Breakaway 12 day sailings listed in January 2016 with the following:

Day Land Tours and Cruise Ports Arrive Depart

Sun New York (EMBARK) --- 4:00 pm

Mon At Sea --- ---

Tue At Sea --- ---

Wed San Juan 3:00 pm 10:00 pm

Thu St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Fri Tortola, British Virgin Islands 7:00 am 2:30 pm

Sat Castries, St. Lucia 9:00 am 7:00 pm

Sun Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Mon Basseterre, St. Kitts 9:00 am 6:00 pm

Tue At Sea --- ---

Wed At Sea --- ---

Thu At Sea --- ---

Fri New York (DISEMBARK) 8:00 am ---

(Actual days might differ put i copied and pasted one)

Thanks, I will check them out!!

I was on a similar itinerary and I agree with the other poster that while it was VERY fun - we were kind of pooped by the end.

On my last cruise in March on the Breakaway I spoke with one of the ship attendants who gave me some nice insight on that particular trip (we were considering it as well). He told us that those trips tend to skew on the older side since fewer young folks have the bandwidth to take longer vacations during that timeframe (right after Xmas/New Year). Folks also sometimes do get tired from all the island hopping.

But I do like a lot of the islands on that trip.