Grandeur April Vacation

Determined aren't you? You didn't read the OP's response above?

What's your real beef????

Thanks. I do think I have had the question answered. But you know how people get. ;)

Edited by janetz

Also on the East coast, I've sailed on the Explorer over 3 different April school break weeks. All were either 9 or 10 day cruises. All were PACKED with children. Parents seem much more willing to pull kids out of a few extra days to take advantage of their entire week off on April.

Thanks but I am seeing only the Quantum offered from NJ. For that week, tons of money.

I was on Grandeur a few weeks ago and had no problem with smells or sewage. It was a lovely cruise. I think every ship gets that "stinky" smell now and then. A lot of people may dislike Grandeur, but a lot of people DO like Grandeur as she sails full most of the time I believe. ;)

its possible that one person had some bad luck next to a bad toliet that over flowed on their floor, but i never smelled a bad smell on deck 3.

Thanks but I am seeing only the Quantum offered from NJ. For that week, tons of money.

Yes of course, the Explorer will be gone by next April. I wasn't suggesting the Explorer for you. Only answering the original question about whether there would be many children on a 10 day cruise that falls over April break and extends 3 days beyond.

No matter what you decide, enjoy!

Don't forget your boxing gloves!

News reports of fistfights between passengers last week when the Breakaway had a delayed return to port in New York. I believe the delay was 3 hours.

Perhaps NCL can install a boxing ring like Royal's larger ships for such situations! Passenger enhancements!

Why all of the hate? The fact is that a lot of us have had the misfortune of encountering sewage smells on Grandeur. Not once but on multiple occasions. The more interesting question is why someone would be an RCL cheerleader instead of providing honest advice for your friends. New ships on any cruise line are nicer than older ships. The new NCL ships have plenty of new amazing features that just don't exist on Grandeur. Any new ship can have electric motor problems (Allure and several Celebrity ships) so I wouldn't worry about the NCL ships. FYI, I was on one of the early sailings on the Independence when she lost propulsion and we drifted for a couple of hours in the Med. I think your friends would be better served by honest reviews of all ships in the area instead of just locking in on your favorite cruise line.

Why all of the hate? The fact is that a lot of us have had the misfortune of encountering sewage smells on Grandeur. Not once but on multiple occasions. The more interesting question is why someone would be an RCL cheerleader instead of providing honest advice for your friends. New ships on any cruise line are nicer than older ships. The new NCL ships have plenty of new amazing features that just don't exist on Grandeur. Any new ship can have electric motor problems (Allure and several Celebrity ships) so I wouldn't worry about the NCL ships. FYI, I was on one of the early sailings on the Independence when she lost propulsion and we drifted for a couple of hours in the Med. I think your friends would be better served by honest reviews of all ships in the area instead of just locking in on your favorite cruise line.

This horse is dead. Why do you insist on kicking it?

I lot of us apparently HAVEN'T encountered the smells on the Grandeur. No one is saying no one else did. ????

Why do you say we aren't giving honest advice? You are the only one doing this???

All of us aren't interested in the "new amazing features". Just being honest here. ;)

I'm not going back to read this whole thread, but I don't recall that this is about the poster's "favorite cruise line. It's about the friend's choice. smh

• 3 weeks later...
Don't forget your boxing gloves!

News reports of fistfights between passengers last week when the Breakaway had a delayed return to port in New York. I believe the delay was 3 hours.

Perhaps NCL can install a boxing ring like Royal's larger ships for such situations! Passenger enhancements!

I was just looking through Grandeur related posts and came upon your comment. You have great sense of humor. Very funny. Thank You.

DON'T BOOK THE GRANDEUR........that will leave more cabins for us to choose from. :p;)

Just kidding. We love the Grandeur and were never bothered with the smell. Some people complain about anything and everything. Baltimore is such a great port to sail from. Very easy embarking and debarking. I would love to see a couple Royal cruise ships home ported there. If only they would move the terminal or raise the bridges.:rolleyes:

Gwen :)

Tell her that the Grandeur has been nicknamed "Stinky" or the Seas because of all of the sewage problems. Tell her that a lot of people dislike the Grandeur because of frequent sewage smells. Tell her she can do better

Appears to me the "problems" with the Grandeur may simply be YOU.

I would not worry too much about this person. Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Too many others with bright, happy comments.

Edited by Donut23

Perhaps you cannot tell the difference between Hate and Humor. If I were trapped on a ship with the people below, I would probably be wishing for a little Sewer smell instead!

This is how a ship load of NCL guests reacted when their ship was 3 hours late. There was a clip on the news of a group of guests in Centrum screaming and demanding to see the Captain. 3 hours.