Grandeur April Vacation

Hi all. I am helping someone plan a cruise for herself, DH and two children, 8 and 14. She has chosen the Grandeur next April vacation. It is a 10 day cruise. We wonder if there will still be many children onboard as it does cut into the following school week by 3days. Thoughts? Thanks ahead. :)

Tell her that the Grandeur has been nicknamed "Stinky" or the Seas because of all of the sewage problems. Tell her that a lot of people dislike the Grandeur because of frequent sewage smells. Tell her she can do better

Edited by dz9yvr

Tell her that the Grandeur has been nicknamed "Stinky" or the Seas because of all of the sewage problems. Tell her that a lot of people dislike the Grandeur because of frequent sewage smells. Tell her she can do better

i didnt smell anything last week

This is their first cruise. Their options are to sail from NY or Baltimore

Thanks for the replies

Perhaps they should consider NCL. NCL has some very good ships sailing from NY. Why limit them to RCL?

Also on the East coast, I've sailed on the Explorer over 3 different April school break weeks. All were either 9 or 10 day cruises. All were PACKED with children. Parents seem much more willing to pull kids out of a few extra days to take advantage of their entire week off on April.

NO SMells...... Ship was VERY clean. Here are my comments for our Cruise.

Our trip started out delayed due to previous illness. Our cruise began late. Boarding was delayed until after 2:30 PM. This being our 12 th cruise we had a understanding that a Cruise is not like going to the movie which nearly always starts and end on time. A cruise will have delays, missed Ports, late to a Port, Leaving early from a Port and illness. Just recently, not ours, a cruise Left New York for Bermuda and had to go North do to bad weather. Soooooooo with this said, Our Cruise on the Grandeur was just Fine. Hiccups yes, but we had a Great time. We had ALL meals in the Great Gatsby, Great service and food. Ate once at the Chops, Steak was top notch got a 15% discount card for it from the Head Waiter. Shows were Fantastic, no Lawerence Welk music, we had BEATLE MANIA group. One of the Best Groups I seen on any Cruise ship. There were several Funny comedy shows that kept us laughing. Top notch staff all around. Easy boarding and disembarkation and no Illnesses reported. Did we have the best weather, arrive and leave ports timely.... no, but we has such a Great time we booked a cruise on the New Quantum cruise ship!

I was on Grandeur a few weeks ago and had no problem with smells or sewage. It was a lovely cruise. I think every ship gets that "stinky" smell now and then. A lot of people may dislike Grandeur, but a lot of people DO like Grandeur as she sails full most of the time I believe. ;)

I was on Grandeur a few weeks ago and had no problem with smells or sewage. It was a lovely cruise. I think every ship gets that "stinky" smell now and then. A lot of people may dislike Grandeur, but a lot of people DO like Grandeur as she sails full most of the time I believe. ;)

I concur. Grandeur is a fav of mine; sailed her again last month. No smells, nope, none at all. :)

IGNORE THIS.

I smelled more raw sewage on my latest cruise..Celebrity Century just last week then I did in multiple cruses on GR. GR is a fine ship and a very friendly and personable crew.

Perhaps they should consider NCL. NCL has some very good ships sailing from NY. Why limit them to RCL?

why all the hate for Royal and GR in particular?

OP: GR is a great 'first timer' cruise option although she does not have all the bells and whistles that the larger ships do(flow rider, etc)

Neighbor just returned from the Grandeur and never mentioned a problem with an odor. LOTS of children-yes! Odors-no.

Don't forget your boxing gloves!

News reports of fistfights between passengers last week when the Breakaway had a delayed return to port in New York. I believe the delay was 3 hours.

Perhaps NCL can install a boxing ring like Royal's larger ships for such situations! Passenger enhancements!

Edited by Donut23

This is their first cruise. Their options are to sail from NY or Baltimore

Thanks for the replies

We took our first cruise on Grandeur, and had a wonderful time. She is a great ship, and Baltimore is such an easy port to get in and out of. Also, we did not experience any bad smells either.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app