Crossbody Recommendation--Great Product

I was given a gift of a cross body bag made by TimBuk2 and just used it in my cruise. Amazing quality and I was able to stuff more into it than I ever thought possible. The quick release on the strap allows you to quickly strap it to the handle if your rolling luggage and then release to make it the proper length for carrying. They are water resistant, we took it on several "wet" shore excursions (snorkeling, etc.) and it stayed dry even on the wet floor in the boat. If you are considering a cross body, take a look at them. Made in America, too!

Hmmm... I don't see it in the site. The closest is the classic messenger bag in large.

Thanks! I really like the styles. It's also great that they have so many bags for bicycles...I may have to get a few things for my bike. :D

Lisa

I have 2 Timbuk2 messenger bags. One is one of the XS original messenger bags. It was great as my every day bag around town. I used it as my purse for my Italy trip back in 2007. Then, I got a Groupon for a good price on a custom messenger bag. It was fun to design it myself!!! It is one of the M size bags and it was my every day going-to-work bag that I carried my papers, lunch, etc., in.

The quick release feature on the strap is nice!

I was "into" Timbuk2 until I stumbled upon Sherpani...

Edited by slidergirl

My favorite "personal item" for airplane travel is a large Timbuk2 shopper tote I found on sierratradingpost.com years ago for an amazing price. That ballistic nylon holds up like you wouldn't believe! I have a few other smaller bags (and just ordered some strap covers for a different cross body bag with a strap that chafes me - thanks to someone here who pointed me back to Timbuk2!!)

Actually - Sierra trading post had a 40% off sale yesterday and one of the things I ordered is a purse from Timbuk2. Shipped today - hope I like it :D For $23, I'm sure I'll be happy and find some use for it!

• 4 weeks later...

I have several styles of Vera Bradley bags that are crossbody and I love them all. Love them for travel because they are lightweight and have lots of pockets for organizing all your stuff!