Australia discount?

pppatpc2

We are booked on the January 10th sailing on the Diamond from Sydney to Auckland. I have noticed that none of the Princess Australia sailings fall 2014/winter 2015 are being discounted. In fact, we are actually booked at $300 less pp than current price. Does anybody have prior history if these itinteraries usually come down in price and when?

We are booked on the January 10th sailing on the Diamond from Sydney to Auckland. I have noticed that none of the Princess Australia sailings fall 2014/winter 2015 are being discounted. In fact, we are actually booked at $300 less pp than current price. Does anybody have prior history if these itinteraries usually come down in price and when?

We are booked on March 27th sailing on the Diamond from Sydney to Singapore and sincerely hoping that there will be a price drop on this cruise as it is very expensive :confused:

So, in other words, you got a discount for booking early.

We got a discount through a travel agent when we booked back in February, and we are ok with the price we got. Usually we always book early using future cruise credit deposits and can get the lower price if the rate goes down before final payment. Hoping it does dip and the bar tab budget can be increased

Australians who book through Australian Travel agents or Princess Australia don't get price drops or discounts.

This also applies to British who book through UK travel agents or Princess UK.

Edited by paddingtonbear

Interesting question and there is no real answer to it. Princess is probably the most popular cruise line here in Australia and they often sell out their cruises, sometimes weeks in advance of the sail date. So, they don't have to discount their fares. And your January 10th sailing is right in the middle of our holiday period.

Cruising in Oz is now very popular, and most cruises sell out here, or would be very close to it. Thus, most cruises do not drop in fare, in fact, they go up (and up and up!!) as it gets closer to sailing. My experience is to book early and be comfortable with the fare you paid. However, we are getting more and more cruise ships here each summer, so competition and choice is increasing.

On that note, occasionally, cruise fares do drop at the last minute, like a month or so out from sailing, and this is only to fill up the last few cabins. Usually, you have to be quick or have a friendly TA to grab one of these. You might see a cheap fare today, only to see it sold out tomorrow.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Fletch1

Actually several cruises ex-Australia are currently on sale, some with savings of up to 40%. Most of these are for new bookings only but I saved $1260 on the cruise I'm doing at Christmas by cancelling my original booking and rebooking through my TA. Not sure if these discounts are available worldwide or if they are only for bookings from Australia or NZ. The cruise you are booked on is showing as being on sale at the moment however I don't know whether you see the same prices.

Australians who book through Australian Travel agents or Princess Australia don't get price drops or discounts.

This also applies to British who book through UK travel agents or Princess UK.[/quote]

This is no longer true, we get price drops in the UK whether you book direct with Princess or through a TA. I've taken advantage of these for my last and current upcoming cruise.

We got a discount through a travel agent when we booked back in February, and we are ok with the price we got. Usually we always book early using future cruise credit deposits and can get the lower price if the rate goes down before final payment. Hoping it does dip and the bar tab budget can be increased

Missed my point.

If your looking at the fares going down for your cruise, you should be happy that you booked before the fares went up.

We are deliriously happy. Between the cruise price and airfare it is currently being offered at we could not afford to do go, if we had not booked earlier. I was just curious as to the usual market forces for this destination as I am not familiar with it. I looked at cabins available and this ship is probably not even 50% sold.

We are deliriously happy. Between the cruise price and airfare it is currently being offered at we could not afford to do go, if we had not booked earlier. I was just curious as to the usual market forces for this destination as I am not familiar with it. I looked at cabins available and this ship is probably not even 50% sold.

If you email someone who know how to get the US discounts they will tell you how it is done. :)

Hi, cruises from Australia between Dec 20 and Jan 30 are usually popular due to it being school holidays.

One way cruises are usually less popular due to air fares obviously. So your cruise may be discounted.

February-March are less popular and more likely to be discounted. I often see specials at this time.

Edited by sayaguru