I know is alcohol not allowed carry on but!

Charasti

Yes, they most certainly do! I can't tell you how many times I've seen people taking out some suspicious container and pouring some of it into their drinks. We started doing it when we went to Cozumel. The liquer was pretty cheap there but we worried about getting it confiscated when we got back on the ship. The guy who was trying to sell us the liquer asked for my almost empty water bottle and produced a funnel. Our "special water bottle" was a great idea and we used it throughout the rest of the cruise. ;) We now pack our own "special water bottles" ahead of time before the cruise. We also have "special juice bottles" for our liquer that is colored. We take them in our carry ons and never have had a problem.:) I know this sounds like I'm pretty cheap and tight fisted, but after a HUGE alcohol bill on our first cruise, we've started tightening up the budget for more important things like excursions and souvenirs.

Go to the board here dedicated to the cruiseline you're planning on taking. Click the Search button on the top menu bar. Enter "alcohol" or "Booze" into the search, and find dozens of stories.

Each line handles these things differently. And there's tons of data on what you can and can't get away with already posted here, you'll be well educated (and entertained).

Most cruise lines confiscate the alcohol bought in ports and will get it back to you on the last night. Nitemare has good advise- head to the cruise lines message board and do a search on suggling to learn the ins and outs.

Not all cruiselines allow you to buy alcohol in the ships store for consumption on the ship. Carnival holds it til the last night. Royal charges 9 bucks for taking the bottle with you.

on my carnival cruises i have always had 2 or 3 bottles of wine in my carry on, plus a 12 pack of diet pepsi. not a word was said and i took it right to my cabin. my cabin steward always made sure i had plenty of ice in the wine bucket to keep things cold and ready to drink. i am going to do the same this next cruise.

We learned last year that NCL xrays ALL baggage and if you have boooze in your bag, they take your bag. You get a note that they have your bag & to come get it. However, you have to take the booze out of the bag and give it to them. Then last MORNING we had to go pick it up as well as booze we bought on board and in port! Nothing was delivered to our cabin!

Now our gin will come in our carry on in diet tonic bottles. We have gotten gin in a port and filled our water bottle with gin! Too bad they have raised their prices for a drink - it costs them so little......................

Not all cruiselines allow you to buy alcohol in the ships store for consumption on the ship. Carnival holds it til the last night. Royal charges 9 bucks for taking the bottle with you.

But when you consider what you pay at home from the liquor store with the added taxes-$9 is not so bad-to me makes more sense then lugging a bunch of liquor bottles.

I bring wine on most cruises and pay whatever corkage fee the ship charges to consume my wine in the dining room. It allows me to drink wines I enjoy and not be limited by the options on board.

On RCI, it is not a problem as long as you bring aboard wines they do not offer on their list.

on my carnival cruises i have always had 2 or 3 bottles of wine in my carry on, plus a 12 pack of diet pepsi. not a word was said and i took it right to my cabin. my cabin steward always made sure i had plenty of ice in the wine bucket to keep things cold and ready to drink. i am going to do the same this next cruise.

These items (wine and soft drinks) are never an issue with Carnival. I always take wine and Cokes. They allow both to be brought on board - in luggage or in plain open sight....just not hard liquor or beer.:)

Archived